IDOL WORSHIP

by The Searcher 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Probably not an original thought, but after the nauseous Watchtower today, I just wanted to say what occurred to me this morning:

The present Governing Body is the Witnesses given alternative for the modern-day Golden Calf!

And most have contributed to its existence!

• label licker
    label licker

I'll toast to that! Every religion has their golden calf and that's why we won't have anything to do with it all. Such a difference when you listen to scholars over the net who all agree that all religion have their own golden calves.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I believe it..

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

When Abraham made the golden calf near Mount Sinai he said " "This is your god, O Israel, who brought you up from the land of Egypt." (Exodus 32:4)

In effect, the GB is telling everyone: "This organization is your god, who saved you from this wicked system of things and will carry you to the earthly paradise".

Just like Aaron and the Israelites didn't believe that the golden calf was Yahweh himself, but rather, a visible representation of the deity, whom they promptly worshipped, the modern-day Aaron fashioned the organization to be the visible representation of the very God they claim to worship, in effect, rendering the organization said worship.

Eden

• Crazyguy
  • BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

What's weird is... technically, all we have to do is give a Jehovah's Witness a glass of water and we're set for life. No need to follow anyone! (Mark 9:41)

With the simplicity of Christ it makes it seem pretty silly to have a religion with a bunch of rules, doesn't it?

• smiddy
    smiddy

the GB is telling everyone: "This organization is your god, who saved you from this wicked system of things and will carry you to the earthly paradise".

Spot on EdenOne

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit