How NON-VIOLENT is the Watchtower really?

by Fernando 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fernando
    Fernando

Looking only skin deep, and at outward appearances, the Watchtower does indeed seem to be non-violent.

However it is what one is at heart that really counts.

The Watchtower tricks their followers into going to jail to parade themselves as "non-violent" "religious objectors" (instead of genuine "conscientious objectors").

However as Jesus said our hidden disposition will be revealed by our fruits.

Behind the well-crafted facade I personally find the Watchtower to be deeply and maliciously violent, vindictive and venomous at heart.

Anyone who dares question or expose them is speedily killed, albeit declared spiritually dead to friends and family.

These same friends and family are:

• taken spiritually captive and held hostage (can't leave with honour and credibility intact)
    • spiritually starved (and fed badly tainted "food")
    • spiritually, psychologically, and mentally tortured (cognitive dissonance whilst kept voiceless)
    • spiritually raped (seduced into prostitution with the god of religion, and into snubbing the God of Abraham and his message the liberating, unabridged, explicit and naked gospel or "Good News")

Regardless of how valid their case may be, detractors are routinely undermined, discredited, labelled, misrepresented and slandered.

How do you see the Watchtower's supremacist parading of their supposed non-violence?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The WT was an NGO with the UN for ten years; WT is currently an NGO in the OSCE, a self-described "political-military" organization.

WT has aligned itself as an NGO in an organization that uses military force. That means violence and bloodshed. Applying the following WT rule, we can safely say the WT is not non-violent, since membership in the OSCE and UN "means one has become an integral part" of those organizations. WT, by extension, "endorses the general objectives" of military force:

"In joining the YMCA as a member a person accepts or endorses the general objectives and principles of the organization. He is not simply paying for something he receives, such as when buying things being sold to the public at a store. (Compare 1 Corinthians 8:10; 10:25). Nor is his membership merely an entry pass, as when a person buys a theatre ticket. Membership means that one has become an integral part of this organization founded with definite religious objectives, including the promotion of interfaith. Hence, for one of Jehovah's Witnesses to become a member of such a so-called "Christian" association would amount to apostasy." - w79 1/1 p. 31 - [Emphasis added]

*** w81 9/15 p. 23 par. 15 Disfellowshiping — How to View It ***

Or, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of an organization whose objective is contrary to the Bible, and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God

• smiddy
    smiddy

WT is currently an NGO in the OSCE,

Pardon my ignorance , ADCMS , their are a couple of organizations , OSCE , are you sure they are affilliated with the political - military organization ? and not the medical one ?

just asking.

smiddy

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Smiddy, this is from the OSCE website. Who we are?

The OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects. It therefore addresses a wide range of security-related concerns, including arms control, confidence- and security-building measures, human rights, national minorities, democratization, policing strategies, counter-terrorism and economic and environmental activities.

All 57 participating States enjoy equal status, and decisions are taken by consensus on a politically, but not legally binding basis.

• zound
    zound

"Constable Daniel James Morris, of Mitchelton, was cut over the right eye with an axe, alleged to have been wielded by a 17-year-old youth, who was arrested on a charge of causing grievous bodily harm. Detective-Constable N. W. Bauer was punched by another man, who also was arrested on a charge of assault. A woman struck police' officers with a stick. Two representatives of The Courier- Mail, watching the police raid on a Mitchelton house, were chased by a man armed with a pitch-fork"

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/44889997

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Smiddy:their are a couple of organizations , OSCE , are you sure they are affilliated with the political - military organization ? and not the medical one ?

--

It's a fair question smiddy, but under WT's own rigid rules (posted above) they apply to everyone else, especially Christendom, WT makes no distinction between being a member of the "good" part of an organization without, by extension, also being a member of the "bad" part.

-

If a JW joins the YMCA to use the swimming pool, and only the swimming pool, nothing else, WT still considers that JW as having 'compromised their Christian integrity' because "membership means that one has become an integral part of this organization". WT did not make any distinguishing exceptions. If you join the YMCA, regardless of the reason, you've joined an organization "who's objective is contrary to the Bible". The JW will be summarily disfellowshipped. No exceptions, no mercy.

WT has for years condemned other religions for becoming NGOs with the UN, most notably the Catholic Church. WT made no exceptions for the CC if they joined only the "medical" part of the UN; no, WT condemned it for having ANY affiliation with the UN, no matter how benign the activity or reason.

Yet again, WT is condemned by its own words which expose the shameless hypocrisy of this religion.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

As late as 1991, the Watchtower condemned Christendom for its involvement with the United Nations:

"If Christendom had sought peace with Jehovahs King, Jesus Christ, then she would have avoided the coming flash flood.Compare Luke 19:42-44. 10 However, she has not done so. Instead, in her quest for peace and security, she insinuates herself into the favor of the political leaders of the nations this despite the Bibles warning that friendship with the world is enmity with God. (James 4:4) Moreover, in 1919 she strongly advocated the League of Nations as mans best hope for peace. Since 1945 she has put her hope in the United Nations. (Compare Revelation 17:3, 11.) How extensive is her involvement with this organization? 11 A recent book gives an idea when it states: No less than twenty-four Catholic organizations are represented at the UN. Several of the worlds religious leaders have visited the international organization. Most memorable were the visits of His Holiness Pope Paul VI during the General Assembly in 1965 and of Pope John Paul II in 1979. Many religions have special invocations, prayers, hymns and services for the United Nations. The most important examples are those of the Catholic, the Unitarian-Universalist, the Baptist and the Bahai faiths." Watchtower 1991 Jun 1 p.17

The partial quote above is from a New Genesis Shaping a Global Spirituality by Robert Muller (1982) chapter 6. The preceding sentence stated:

"All major world religions are accredited to the United Nations as non-governmental organizations. For example, no less than twenty-four Catholic organizations are represented at the UN."

The Watchtower condemned Churches for NGO accreditation less than 12 months before lodging their application to the UN and starting weekly visits to its library and public meetings.

"True, the 138 members of the United Nations organization know that Jehovahs Christian witnesses are no part of Christendom, no, no part of harlotrous Babylon the Great as a whole. They know that Jehovahs witnesses have not messed themselves up with the dirty politics of this world and have not tried to ride the symbolic scarlet-colored wild beast having seven heads and ten horns." --Mans Salvation out of World Distress at Hand! (1975) pp.339-340

"Human governments have schemed to form the most brazen and defiant conspiracy against divine rule that has ever existed. (Compare Isaiah 8:11-13.) They have done so, not once, but twice, creating first the League of Nations and then the United Nations." --Awake! 1990 Dec 8 p.24

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Another example of WT's true desire for violence:

"apostates are "mentally diseased" and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings." -- W 7-15-11, p 18

"Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates"

--W 11/15/52, p 703, QFR

In other words, if it was legal, WT would kill apostates. That doesn't sound like a non-violent religion to me.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My parents knew all the hypocrisy with Rutherford. Even my zealous JW aunt told me he had a very bad personality. My father was told to get a draft waiver during WWII. A very old brother with a kind heart talked him through the process. Hayden Convington did not counsel any Bethelites. My father helped the Viet Nam era brothers headed for prison. He was furious that the Society offered no help.

I recall the UN in New York. The Berlin Wall and Cuban Missle Crisis deliberations were on TV almost round the clock. I recall Adlai Stevenson unveiling the U-2 images of the satellites solos in Cuban. There was also Kruschev banging his shoe on the table, screaming that he would bury us. Yet Kingdom Hall portrayed the UN as evil. Before I decided to become a secretary for the Beatles, I dream of being a UN tour guide. My parents took us inside for a tour about six times. It was amazing.

I thought they resigned membership as a NGO when caught by a British paper. Their entire history is full of stunts like becoming an NGO while preaching a different story in the KH.

I am proud to be an American. There are certainly disgraceful items but, on whole, I am proud. WWII showed stark contrasts in the combatants. My mom was afraid of the FBI. They were meeting with my uncle to find out membership in the local KH in New Jersey. Tell me there was no difference beween the United States and Nazi Germany. How blind could the Witnesses be! There was a vast difference. During the War, my mom had to recite her Witness speech to the SS.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I thought they resigned membership as a NGO when caught by a British paper

--

They did...then immediately joined the OSCE- the UN's sister organization. The OSCE has exactly the same goals, ideology and requirements for NGO status that the UN does. WT is still an NGO with the OSCE.

WT pulled a fast one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit