does it even matter?

by losingit 9 Replies latest jw friends

• losingit
    losingit

I am thinking of sending a simple fb message to all of the jws I know.

"Jwfacts.com" with the tag line, "You're in a cult."

My motivation? I am disturbed about the fact that these people that pretended to be friends look at me with a negative eye and have no clue as to how they abandoned my girls and I in a desperate time of need over the course of this past year. Those that were so close to us that we considered them family have not even bothered to get in contact with my girls... several families, in fact, have chosen to ignore them.

Yes, I know many of you have considered this a blessing in disguise. I do too. However, that's not the point. The point is that these jws are completely lacking in love and have no clue that is how they are. I have even been unfriended on facebook by a girl who is not even baptized! She just grew up in the goddamn cult! Amazing! And I defended her so much to jws, standing up for her whenever they insulted her behind her back. Coward? Hypocrite? I don't know what to make of her move.

But then I think... does it even matter? Should I even bother sending that brief message?

Time and time again, the NON-jws in my life... you know NORMAL PEOPLE... have been there for me and my girls. Time and time again, without fault.

Ultimately, the disparity between the NON jws an jws should be so clear to my girls as they grow older that I hope and pray that they will never be involved with this cult. Even their own father has abandoned them. DF'd jw, but it doesn't matter. Cruelty runs deep in jw blood, and he has definitely inherited that trait.

So, what do you think? Final nail in the coffin? Do I send that brief fb message? Does it even matter?

• Badfish
    Badfish

It doesn't matter. They'll just delete the message and immediately label you as a mentally diseased apostate.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

It will probably do more harm then good

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

What about the opposite? Instead of putting up your dukes so to speak why not be a little catty, or a lot:

I want to take this opportunity to all of you who have shown kindness and consideration towards me and my daughters. There were times in this past year where I was desperate and you came to my aid time and time again. You know who you are...

Add some other stuff too.

• rebel8
    rebel8

If u want to go out in a blaze of glory, albeit a gradual one:

Start with the quote from the litterature about how important it is to delve into old publications.

Next up: the quote about how the truth cannot contradict itself and how the wts has always had the truth.

Then start quoting contradictions, like, we ARE prophets, we are NOT prophets. etc.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Dont waste your time with them , they were conditional" freinds" only, not real freinds.I understand your frustration , I sometimes go through similar emotions about people I thought were genuine freinds , in the early days I tried to reach out to some , only to be rejected . My philosophy now ?

Their not worthy of MY freindship .

smiddy

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

No, it doesn't really matter, so go ahead if you want to do it. If I had JW friends on facebook, I would love to poke them in the eyes with the truth! I have been out so long I don't have any JW contacts any longer.

• Fernando
    Fernando

"Jwfacts . com" with the tag line, "You're in a cult."

Personally I'd go with the first half, and drop the part about a cult.

Let them do their own investigation and make their own mind up...

*** g00 6/22 p. 9 Do Not Be a Victim of Propaganda! ***
    THERE is a difference—a big difference—between education and propaganda. Education shows you how to think. Propaganda tells you what to think. Good educators present all sides of an issue and encourage discussion. Propagandists relentlessly force you to hear their view and discourage discussion. Often their real motives are not apparent. They sift the facts, exploiting the useful ones and concealing the others. They also distort and twist facts, specializing in lies and half-truths. Your emotions, not your logical thinking abilities, are their target.

• losingit
    losingit

Excellent Fernando. The bridges are burned, but there are still a few embers remaining. It seems like every time I have a horrific experience with my girls' father, I immediately think of these jws. I think of all of the lies I was told by him and his jw crew. I think about how I was lured in thru love bombing, how false it all was.

As far as being labeled a mentally diseased apostate, I don't really care. I'm out, have been out for months now. But for me, how disturbing it is that a friend that wasn't even baptized, one that I turned to for emotional support unfriended me on fb? I'm just tired of it.... I'm tired of the fact that I'm STILL feeling the effects of their lies in my life. Why should they have the last word, if it's based on lies?

• WhoYourDaddy
    WhoYourDaddy

If everyone in this POS cult said how they feel this POS cult wouldn't exist any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit