UN vs. The Vatican - Ex-JWs, are you sure?

by gold_C 42 Replies latest social current

• gold_C
    gold_C

So about a few years ago, thanks to this site I became convinced that everything that the JWs have been saying is a bunch of nonsense and that I shouldn't worry about it. It gave me some comfort, since there are several things I disagree with when it comes to the way one has to live in order to be a witness. However, this business with the UN attacking the Vatican seems a little too much like what the Witnesses have been preaching about to simply ignore:

First off, it's 2014, that's officially 100 years after the 'Last Days' supposedly began, assuming that has any significance. Second, the UN is becoming increasingly agressive toward the church, and has even said something like "The security of children comes first. Not the security of the church.", which almost sounds like a threat.

Simply put; I don't want to die. Especially not by a cosmic tyrant who 'judges' me as 'unfit to live'. How are all of you former witnesses, disfellowshipped, disassociated ones and apostates viewing this? Are you guys scared too? Or is there something about this whole matter that makes it unlikely or impossible for the "wild beast" to attack the "harlot"?

I want answers! This is too much of a close call!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Trolling again, eh?

• Skinnedsheep
  • gold_C
    gold_C

@LostGeneration Seriously, I'm not trolling, I'm just concerned. I mean, freaking LOOK at it. Every witness I know is just going on and on about how "It's so close!" and how we can "See with our own eyes prophecy being fulfilled" and stuff. Considering how I *still* haven't been able to move out of the apartment my brother and I share, I still have to play along, so I've still gotta hear his mess.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Ok i'll indulge you a bit, just looking at your old thread on how great and grand the WT was on prophecy makes me think twice when someone comes in here and says the WT has anything right.

it's 2014, that's officially 100 years after the 'Last Days' supposedly began, assuming that has any significance

It doesn't, other than show the WTS is a false prophet by any rational measurement.

Simply put; I don't want to die. Especially not by a cosmic tyrant who 'judges' me as 'unfit to live'.

The sooner you realize that you will die, the better each and every day you are alive becomes. Yes you will die because of old age, or a bus you didn't see, or a million other things. The one thing you will not die from is some sort of angry sky God interfering here on earth. I guarantee it.

Are you guys scared too?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Or is there something about this whole matter that makes it unlikely or impossible for the "wild beast" to attack the "harlot"?

You need to look at the track record of the UN. They have no actual power. They get nothing done in the grand scheme of things. They are a paper tiger with a bunch of blowhards barking out orders to the world.

• gold_C
    gold_C

Well, of course, everyone's gonna die someday. Figure of speech on the "I don't want to die" thing. I meant I don't want to die soon. O.o

• zebagain
    zebagain

why would the UN attack the Rc church? Well for a start it is very high profile and the biggest. It has therefore (the biggest) a very public situation to face with the matter of child abuse.

The wts has held itself up as the one true faith and has so many times at so many conventions and publications slammed the rc church for its failings and doctrine. (as perceived by the wts) But the crows have come home to roost as ther scandals and pay outs from the wts are becoming ever more public and by means of this the web right around the world.

It may well be that the stench of child abuse coming out of this org the wts will see it caught up in the net of prosecution if it comes directed at the rc church and many others. Remember that the majority of nations in the UN are not 'christian' and would like any chance to knock down and kick the biggest christian org in the world. And for the wts with its million dollar temple recently opened in NY USA ever bragging of its moral superiority will get a kickking too. It will only take the US govt to say no more tax exemptions and they will scream 'persecution' from their rooftops but no one will give a damn.

How will the gb take it if the forces of law boot them out of their Bethel onto the street? For one, they will know just how others felt when ejected from their years of devotion to the wts and they will have to move in with other bros and sisters if they will have them or crawl back to people they have shunned for years.

Interesting times. We may see the prosecution of the RC church over these matters and other orgs (churches) will get get swept up with the same large broom.

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

The wild beast of revelation as the un and the harlot as religion is a wild interpretation of an ancient book that no one understands. The orgs track record on explaining doctrine and prophecy tells me that this interpretation is also wrong.

no I am not scared.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

According to a bishop in Australia, the report was not about the Catholic Church at all- rather the political entity that is the Vatican- it is actually a sovereign country where priests from other countries can be transferred to and be safe from extradition for crimes committed in their home countries. It’s just that the report went outside its parameters- not surprising seeing how the Vatican state & the Catholic Church are so intermingled. But the UN isn’t attacking religion per se.
    I would suggest to the OP to do your own research; and not rely on other people’s opinions- to actively search for truth and reality- so as not to be so easily misled in future.
    Well, that’s my worthless opinion, LOL.

• metatron
    metatron

Oh, please!

Animosity against an institution straight out of the Middle Ages in the year 2014 is nothing remarkable.

If you ask me, the only miracle here is that an organization such as the Catholic Church exists at all.

And if any dolt says "the UN is turning on religion !!!!" remember that a huge number of earth's population are Muslim.

Does anyone really believe that the UN and governments are actually going to turn on Islam? Are you kidding? And collapse the whole world into anarchy and World War?

Time to get real.....

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit