Why would we have started out stupid and primitive?

by SafeAtHome 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

There's not just evolution. A lot of our knowledge is built on the shoulders of those who came before. Libraries and books are very important. We build on the knowledge of previous generations.

It comes as a shock to us to hear that ancient Chinese or Egyptions knew about aerodynamics and other modern subjects before their time, because in out mind, it seems to break the gradual revelation.

We build on what came before. And interestingly, the internet is speeding this up and putting knowledge into the hands of people, I mean more than the internet revolution per se. It is causing a revolution of information in it's own right, of enormous proportions. An information revoilution of the information age.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Thank you everyone for your comments. I suppose that news story last evening just got me to thinking what a wondrous world we live in and how fast science and technology are moving, and that I am very grateful to be able to see the positive in things around me. This of course is unlike the JWs who don't want to admit to anything good in "this system of things". Geez, I hate that expression!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit