An Un-Invitation Card

by ozziepost 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Valis
    Valis

*L* just thought of the last JW reception I went to. Cheap champagne and not too much of that!! Oh and playin "LaBamba" and "Louie Louie" over and over again because those were the only non-risque "rock and roll" songs the band knew...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

I stole Lisa's cuz im too stupid to figure out how to do it myself.

GO ANYWAY!!! The HELL WITH that uninvited crap!

If they cause a stink over it maybe you could find your un-invitation on the front page of the People section in the Sunday paper.
    with a nice response such as how touched you were and just wanted to share the mind of the WTS with the world.

Love is one of life's mysteries, like lightning, it never strikes. For others, like lightning, it strikes several times. So wear a rubber crash helmet
  • Preston
    Preston

Ozzie and Mrs Ozzie,

If I ever get married, you guys are more than welcome to come .

• Prisca
    Prisca

I'm reminded of that scripture where Jesus says: "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do."

They think they are doing the right thing. And they are so much involved in the Borg, they can't see any other way to go. It's so sad how people can be brainwashed to behave so inhumanly.

You know you have my love and support, Ozzie & Mrs Ozzie. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be going through the same thing?

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

No one can hurt us as badly as those that we love.

Someone once told me "To become a JW you have to give up your humanity". When I read threads such as this I know its true.

((((hugs to you and Mrs O)))

Take the high road......abide by their wishes...send your niece a note telling her you love her (because you do don't you) and wish her happiness.

Remember, no matter the religious influence, the choices were hers.

I'm sad for you.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Perhaps you could send her a card or something expressing deep regret for her descision, but also the best for her new family's future..

Normaly under "normal" circumstances I would completely agree with that. But these are not normal people otherwise they would have NOT sent such a thing in the first place. They are not thinking for them selves anymore so a curtious response of acceptance would do nothing but get them off the hook as far as feeling bad about anything.
    They would just chalk it up to no big deal.

Well anyway what ever you and mrs ozzy decide to do do it for your own personal benifit. (((((HUGS)))))

Love is one of life's mysteries, like lightning, it never strikes. For others, like lightning, it strikes several times. So wear a rubber crash helmet
  • avengers
    avengers

Ozzie: Don't ever think you are the only one this has happened to.
    My son (22) has been friends with his cousin (also 22 years) his whole life. Recently this cousin got married, and dit not invite my son nor me, because my son doesn't go to meetings anymore and is considered bad company. He told me yesterday, that this hurts him very much, bacause he said he thought they were friends. This is just one of the ways the WT uses to divide, terrorize, and destroy family relations.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

oh. my. gawd.

NASTY!

SPAZ

• kat7302
    kat7302

as tempting as it may be to just go anyway, I think you guys have to respect their decision and not go. I agree completley with some of the earlier comments to send them a card (Not a pressie tho!maintian some dignity here!) and they will be the ones feeling badly then. I do kinda know how you feel, when my nan died, Id just had my first child and myself and my older sister were diso'd. Not ONE person spoke to me at the funeral and afterwards my dad told us one of the elders requested that me and my sis not go back to the community hall where the 'wake' was because some brothers had mentioned they would be stumbled. We had to go back alone to our parents house while people who were not even related to her were allowed to be part of the grieving process. I feel for you guys, dont let it get you too down, you're better than that.

• termite 35
    termite 35

test

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit