Retirement complex for older JW's to be built

by moomanchu 18 Replies latest jw friends

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Interesting, I never heard of them before apparently they are a registered charity.

I guess if it's private they can do whatever they want.

It just seems odd that employment and residency is exclusive to Jdubs,

but then again what "worldly person" in their right mind would want to be surrounded by Jdubs anyway, 24/7.

I think this is the first one in the USA.

• smiddy
    smiddy

It`s the first time I have ever heard about this http://www.jah-jireh.org/index.shtml .I couldnt think of anything worse .

It would be like living in a prison , every move and activity controlled by JW guards . UGH ! Isnt it all so discrinatory ? Only faithfull ( brainwashed ) JW`s need apply ( with money )

smiddy

• scotoma
    scotoma

There probably wouldn't be any "worldly" takers.

Daily Text at breakfast.

TV off when tie in to local congregation is blaring over loud speakers.

No christmas tree in the lobby.

No thanksgiving dinner where they get something besides meat loaf & pudding

No crosses allowed.

No R rated videos.

Endless rounds of Bible quizzes in the game room.

Exercise to Kingdom Songs - Walking on tread mills to the tune of From House To House

To get in you probably would have to surrender your estate to the Watchtower.

• I quit!
    I quit!

So what happens if someone living there wakes up to the truth and leaves the Watchtower? Or JW's spouse dies and the remaining JW marries a non JW then the JW dies and the non JW spouse moves another non JW in? I don't see how they can force someone to move on the basis of what they believe or don't believe.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

In the US, "charities" are not held to the "anti-discrimination act". So, they can pick and choose the criteria of members. "JW's ONLY" is not against the law.

"Charities have the right to discriminate based on RACE, GENDER, RELIGION, etc.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

How much of their personal net worth does an interested Dub need to contribute to get a spot in one of these hostiles? (Pun intended)

What happens if a Dub gets in and later is expelled from TCCoJW? Do they get their "contribution" back?

NOTE: TCCoW=The Christian Congregation of ehovah's Witnesses

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Scotoma:

Very funny, but probably the truth. Yuck.

The whole thing sounds like it would have a bethel-like, regimented, paranoid feel. Who needs this?? Doesn't sound like a place where anybody could even enjoy their old age.

• Londo111
  • freddo
    freddo

@scotoma

LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit