What is a Blessing?

by Suspicious 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Someone is short on rent and needs $45.06 and all of a sudden huuuraaaa!! They find that exact amount on the sidewalk and can pay rent for a month. Blessing. Get a new job? Blessing. Got food to eat? Blessing. Had just enough tissue paper to blow your nose? Blessing.

Yes, it always amazes me that God is allowed to intervene in human affairs in only the most mundane of matters. He can't prevent a typhoon from killing 10,000 people, but he can put 50 dollars in someone's pocket.

• minimus
    minimus

A blessing is anything that you hoped for, got and made you feel better.

• James Brown
    James Brown

A blessing is having an attitude of optomism.

You have to be thankful for what you have to get more.

If you are not grateful for what you have you will waste your time wallowing in your misery.

If you analyze everything to the lowest common denomanator you will be missing some blessings.

• cofty
    cofty

I would never use the word blessing. It superstitiously implies a "blesser".

For good evolutionary reasons it's a human trait to asign agency to random events.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

If you were born into a land where food is prosperous, that means someone else was born into world of hunger. If someone had a wonderful child, somewhere, someone had a miscarriage. Are these all really blessings then? For every blessing it seems there is a beneficiary and someone who was forced to be a benefactor. If there is a God, why would he allow this? Most people that believe in God believe in being blessings too.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Blessings:

Groceries dropped off on a pioneer's porch when they were down to their last $1.32.

Gas tank below empty but JW was able to drive out to an RV and place a set of mags.

Little Johnny JW places 5 sets of magazines on a Saturday morning.

Susie JW asks her boss to go "part time" at her job and he says yes.

Loyal JW Billy asks his boss for the weekend off to attend DC. Boss says no so Billy quits his job to go to DC. When he gets back Billy finds another job with part time hours so he can now pioneer.

New jw.org website. Big time blessing.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It seems silly when you think about it, but I think most people don't think about it. If they go to the convention and their house burns down, do they then blame God? No, then they say "Satan is testing me".

We should have gratitude for all the is good in our life, it's just that you don't need belief in a diety to have that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit