"We're on different paths now."

by Pyramid God 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

PG, I'm sorry you're going through this. It is no doubt unpleasant for you, and so unnecessary.

PG: This was my last remaining friend in the Org telling me that we would no longer be friends, in a long and vague way.

Q: What kind of person calls you up just to tell you they can't talk to you anymore?

A: A cult member.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

I wonder if your friend really wanted to cut ties with you or did they have pressure from a elder who noticed it? The elders get involved with sabotage of friendships because they have nothing better to do, I know elders who would only check up on Witnesses if they heard they were associating with "unhealty influences", so maybe those words don't belong to your friend but a special person or elder who decided your friend needed to cut you off.

So much for doing good to everyone! 1 Thes 5:

9-11 God didn’t set us up for an angry rejection but for salvation by our Master, Jesus Christ. He died for us, a death that triggered life. Whether we’re awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we’realive with him! So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you’ll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you’re already doing this; just keep on doing it.

The Way He Wants You to Live

12-13 And now, friends, we ask you to honor those leaders who work so hard for you, who have been given the responsibility of urging and guiding you along in your obedience. Overwhelm them with appreciation and love!

13-15 Get along among yourselves, each of you doing your part. Our counsel is that you warn the freeloaders to get a move on. Gently encourage the stragglers, and reach out for the exhausted, pulling them to their feet. Be patient with each person, attentive to individual needs. And be careful that when you get on each other’s nerves you don’t snap at each other. Look for the best in each other, and always do your best to bring it out.

16-18 Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live."

The Message

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I did not use those words "we are on a different path now" to the last "friend" who called to try to get me back in, bless him, but I did kinda use the concept.

I said "Sorry ........., but I have gone way beyond that, I have learned too much to ever come back". He questioned me on what I had learned, when I began to tell him, he suddenly had to go. He has not been back.

We are indeed on different paths, thank goodness, I would hate to be still on that path that JW's are on, wasting my life working for zilch for a Property dealing Company posing as a religion.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Do you miss being on that path, you knew it was bound to end up this way after learning everything on JWN? We all know once anyone thinks we are not "good association" we are going to get dumped quick!

JWs have problems keeping friendships with their own active members, energy spent chasing down people who are not attending Meetings and socializing with "Faders" is not acceptable to most Elders, they will find out and pressure you. Again, I know Elders who complain they are not invited to the friends homes like the church leaders are in Christendom. I know Elders who nobody wanted to be around, they sure chose the wrong profession to donate their time to, if nobody wants anything to do with them, what does that say about the value of the JW Elders who are on the "Black List"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit