There Is No Key To Happiness!

by abiather 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• abiather
    abiather

Religions make it appear that there is a key to happiness and give the impression that they have the key, and enjoy people always look to them for happiness!

Interestingly, Jesus meant there is no key to happiness, but it is the very nature of all human beings. (Luke 17:21) People like JWs did not even translate this verse properly. The Greek word (ἐντός) should have correctly been translated as “within” as every translation has done elsewhere (Compare Mathew 23:26). What is required is that one should RE-DISCOVER who he is and whom he belongs to, and stabilize in the realization. It is all about unfolding, not about acquiring!

We are the spirit children (of God who is “spirit”) in human form. (John 4:24); hence qualities of the spirit should come NATURALLYto us. That is why the Bible simply commands us to “put on” spirit personality “in true righteousness and holiness,” as if it is done as easily as you change your dress. It simply repeats: “Walk by the spirit,” “serving one another” and manifesting the qualities “of the spirit.” (Galatians 5:13, 16, 22-25)

When one engages in counterfeit happiness, as described in Galatians 5:19-21, those actions do not happen naturally. One seeks privacy before the act, and cover-up after the act, and repeated denial later whenever questioned by others. People impeach or remove even the President of their country for engaging in the works of the flesh.

Once re-discovered that you are happiness, be stable about it, as fire consistently display its qualities of heat and light. This you can do by the following ways:

1) By seeking harmony. Life is all about relationship. You are related to all humans via our heavenly Father (Mathew 23:9) Conflict means wastage of energy. If someone seems to be difficult to deal with, that is because he lives as though in a basement, thinking that is what happiness is all about, and nothing beyond! That means he has not experienced the real happiness that comes from showing genuine love. Hence we can be sympathetic about such people.

2) By refusing to see the mistakes of others. Everyone has an ocean of experiences (his or of others) around him to correct/fine-tune his ways (Mathew 7:3). When you try to control others, you lose your happiness!

3) Know the relationship between all happenings. One thing leads to another. Nothing happens to us which we do not deserve (Isaiah 3:10, 11 and Galatians 6:7). This realization would help us to

say good-bye to the past

enjoy the present and to

welcome the future.

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

How true, well said, backed up by scripture. I trust it will give new light to many.....between the fairytales there are many great secrets.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Religions make it appear that there is a key to happiness and give the impression that they have the key, and enjoy people always look to them for happiness!

That's because religion is based on a delusion that a higher power like 'god' exists.

There is no real evidence outside the bible (or whatever 'holy writing' used for circular reasoning), that Jesus existed either.

say good-bye to the past

enjoy the present and to

welcome the future.

In principle I agree with this....if only because it looks like a bookface meme........needs a pretty picture behind it though.

Mind you at 55.....56 soon....I wonder how long my future will be before oblivion takes me. You see I don't believe in life after death....it's a nice thought.....unrealistic though.

• cofty
    cofty

This is what Abiather is actually selling...

The Brahma Kumaris leadership has sought to cover up or deny child sex abuses at its headquarters, multiple suicides of followers at centers, financial corruption and abuses, immigration abuses, the persecution of minor or breakaway groups and the breaking up of families...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They are about the same as the WT then Cofty !

Thanks for alerting us to Abiather's motives.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Telling a thing about religion and backing it up by a book that a shitload of religions use for their keymaking doesn't do your story any good you know :P

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Reminds me of the Simpson's episode about the movementarians where Homer ends up singing La La La LA La LA LA LA Leaderrrrrrr!

Brahma Kumaris....another dangeraous cult.

I find it sad to see people escape from one nutty cult just to join another.......truly saddening.

• Laika
    Laika

I find it very odd that a thread called 'there is no key to happiness' is dedicated to explaining the key to happiness.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

THIS.

Nothing happens to us which we do not deserve (Isaiah 3:10, 11 and Galatians 6:7)

You've got to love religion! This kid will certainly thank you for these great words of wisdom, taken directly from gods word. Yeah, he totally deserves to be on that wheelchair and to pee his pants without help. I can see this kid reading Isaiah and Galatians and clapping his hands. Totally.

Qudriplegic child

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

@BluePill ... if he could clap his hands he would... you are absolutely right... it is hilarious how many read over these words .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit