What Can An Incorporated Congregation Of Jehovah Witnesses Do To Keep Ownership Of Their Kingdom And Not Let The Watchtower Corporation Sell It Off To Pay Child Molestation Lawsuits?

by frankiespeakin 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What's your ideas?

Is their some loophole in the very structured bylaws of an incorporated congregation of Jehovah's witnesses that will allow them to retain property rights and avoid a hostile take over by the mother corporation controled by the Governing Body aka Faithful and Discreet Slave entity?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loophole

loophole is an ambiguity in a system, such as a law or security, which can be used to circumvent or otherwise avoid the intent, implied or explicitly stated, of the system. Loopholes are searched for and used strategically in a variety of circumstances, including taxes, elections, politics, the criminal justicesystem, or in breaches of security, or a response to one's civil liberties.

Historically, arrow slits were narrow vertical windows from which castle defenders launched arrows from a sheltered position, and were also referred to as "loopholes". [1] Thus a loophole in a law often contravenes the intent of the law without technically breaking it, much as the small slit window in a castle wall provides the only ready means of gaining entry without breaching or destroying the wall or a gate. For example, in some places, one may avoid paying taxes to the jurisdiction by forming a second residence in another location, or a commercial property can be built in a residential zone if it is made also for residential use. [citation needed]

In a security system, the one who breaches the system (such as an inmate escaping from prison) exploits the loophole during the breach. Such weaknesses are often studied in advance by the violator, who spends time observing and learning the routine of the system and sometimes conducts surreptitious tests until such a loophole can be found.

Examples

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaming_the_system

Gaming the system (also referred to as gaming the rules, bending the rules, abusing the system, milking the system, playing the system, or working the system) can be defined as using the rules and procedures meant to protect a system in order, instead, to manipulate the system for a desired outcome. [1]

According to James Rieley, the American banker, structures in companies and organizations (both explicit and implicit policies and procedures, stated goals, and mental models) drive behaviors that are detrimental to long-term organizational success and stifle competition. [2] For some [who?] , "error...is the essence of 'gaming the system,' in which a gap in protocol allows for errant practices that lead to unintended results." [3]

• Honesty
    Honesty

What is wrong with just letting the Watchtower Society have the kingdom hall and all the awake Jehovah's Witnesses walk out the door for the last time.

Pretty soon the only Jehovah's Witnesses left in the kingdom halls will be the genuine hard core worshippers of the Governing Body.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I have no idea how KHs are financed or what a deed would say. Anglican churches that broke away from the main body b/c of ordination of women and.or gays lost their churches to the bishops.

The WT has a legal department. Local KHs do not.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Here in the U.K at one time ownership was by the local congregation. They bought the land, bbuilt and payed for the K.H, it was theirs.

Then the WT set up a Property Trust and persuaded all congregations to give the Trust the Freehold, which all meekly did.

In the U.S, when do/did the WT get ownership of your K.H's and how ?

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

That happened sometime ago here Phiz, the speel given was something about insurance.

I didn't agree with signing our KH over to the the borg but it went ahead.

I tackled an elder about it & he still thinks the hall is ours & that the borg couldn't sell off the property & make them go to another KH.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I had the same reaction when I tackled an Elder about it at the time, "Oh I think we could still sell it......" Maybe in certain circumstances, but ownership has gone to the U.K Trust (which itself is registered as a Charity, so all profits are Tax free, and can be sent to another Charity,in N.Y perhaps, with impunity.)

I think that no JW thinks these things through, and even if they are told to sell their Hall and move elsewhere they do not rock the boat.

The money making Property Scam posing as a religion for Tax reasons is doing very well thank you.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I'm glad they are finally going to have to submit to an independent audit. Lets see where that lands them.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Being a bit of a cynic, I don't believe an indpendent audit will be a problem for them, unless such audits are far more thorough in the U.S than here in the U.K.

You could run a scam, and be independently audited here, and get away with it very easily, many do.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

In New York state they call this act the 'non profit revitalization act' I think because it is promoting transparency and weeds out the frauds which in effect revitalizes the legitimate charities also helps them keep better books which can be a real blessing for the legitimate ones.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Interestingly when I was awakening and becoming aware of this, I made an enquirie about this with the P.O at the time. The reply I got was telling.

"I'm not really sure. I dont really like to get involved in these things". I just thought to myself you total F $=% wit. How could of you made a decision like that with out not wanting to get involved in it. The man was just totally unaware of what he had just done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit