Will Greg Stafford Complete His Book on "Sharpe's Rule" in 2014? Top JW Scholar Greg Is.

by RottenRiley 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Greg was on "Seven Screens of the Watchtower" a few years back, I enjoyed listening to him speak but the background noise, Call Moderator and five people speaking was total chaos! If you listen to the recording, you can hear five people talking at once, how did Greg handle himself so professional while five different people are talking at the same time?

You had one guy hitting him up about the Trinity, another guy asking Greg about Hell Fire, another person about Angels, and somebody asking about which Lotto Numbers to pick :) Greg was very calm, did you get to listen to Greg speak on that engagement? Kool-Aid man is trying to start his own church, I get the impression he is after followers more than Greg, Greg is happy doing his research or debating guys from Tetragrammaton.com or other scholars.

Do you think Greg visits JWN but does not wish to get in to a long, dragged out coversations on topics nobody is willing to listen to?

• Antioch
    Antioch

Greg Stafford has suffered from the same malady that others who have left the Watchtower have experienced. He is not able to make things happen, he is not able to make a substitute religion for the JWs.

Pelicanbeach, your comment seems spot on. Stafford is about 150 years too late if he wants to make religious waves. Russell and the Watchtower were a product of very special times. There was a ton of wild religious stuff going on in their area (NE United States, Pennsylvania especially) and Russell/Rutherford just made the shrewdest moves (as did the LDS folks) and so they survived.

I say that because a few years back I took a history course and the teacher had us read "Occult America" front to back. This book covers the zanier historically religious climate during the 1700 - 1800s (no it does not comment on the JWs or LDS, but it explains what flew back then). Understanding why Mormonism and Russelism/Watchtower were able to take root back then became much easier to grasp. It was a special time in the USA. These religions would NEVER be able to take root in our modern religous/scientific climate.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I used to be like that; enjoying arguing the doctrines.

But I discovered something. Witnesses will say that Christendom lies in that they teach the trinity and hellfire, etc.

But that is not a lie, it is that they just interpret the Bible differently than JWs do.

I've never seen God so I don't know if he is a trinity. Same goes for Greg Stafford, Walter Martin, James White, etc.

I've never been to heaven or hell so I don't know what goes on there. Same for the above named people.

It's up to God to clarify matters, not our arguing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit