Who is more likely to exist, St. Claus or Jehovah

by Bugbear 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

This is a question that strokes my mind an hour ago.

I must admit, yes, that I have actually seen St. Claus. I remember when I was a boy, every year, a red dressed man, with a big white beard came to our house. I was scared to death, but he was very nice and brought me a lot of presents, of which I still have some in my possession.

And yes I know that there are several people that charter flight from everywhere in the world to travel to the north of Scandinavia, just to see St. Claus. And Yes there are millions of girls and boys all over the world, writing wishing list, that actually are fulfilled by St.Claus. And beside the guy, looks like he is very nice, giving presents to all, demanding nothing back, but that you are nice and honest…!

On the other hand. This Jehovah, I must say he looks very absent. I have (with my family) prayed to him more than 30 years. No answer, line is death, not a whispering, not a present, not a sign … nothing.

And when you read about him (in the Bible) you´ll find a man that obviously drown his children, abandon them, hit them, accuse them of being sinners, force them to believe in him, or….

To me this problem is solved, I prefer to believe in St.Claus

Bugbear

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Neither, I've got my money on the Easter Bunny!

EB is my guy!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

But the Tooth Fairy is a close second!

Tooth Fairy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yup, the Easter Bunny, The Tooth fairy, and, chief of all., Santa Claus all trump JeeHoover , all of the first three actually Do Something for little people.

There is far more "proof" for their existence than the pathetic Big J.

WTF has he ever done ?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My bro and I were terrorized that Santa Claus did not exist. It is sad but my father took one of his white socks and stuck it over the doorknob to prove no Santa. The white sock, Archie Bunker came later, had no gifts or candy. My mom enrolled us in the preschool for public library. The library took us on a field trip to the local firehouse. The firemen gave us Christmas gifts off the shining fire truck. I was so happy. Santa Claus appeared. My brother went running home -as the older sister I had to restrain him at crosswalks-and announced to my mother with such a happy voice that Santa Claus existed. Our father was wrong.

Santa Claus exists.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Also, isn't Santa Claus newer? In terms of oral history (or if you prefer, the telephone game), there would seem to be decreasing accuracy with each new overlapping generation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit