If you think child abusers can simply repent and/or be rehabilitated....

by iamwhoiam 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

It's an interesting point. Why don't peodophiles seek help?

I guess the a answer lies in the fact that they enjoy victimising innocent children. They know it's wrong and that society will condemn them harshly for their actions. But it's all part of the appeal, the thrill of it.

Compare them to serial killers. No one asks whether it's proper or desirable to try and rehabilitate them.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I;ve wondered why there aren't programs for someone to voluntarily be treated. There is prob. no shame in being sexually attracted to children. The shame is acting upon it. The consequences are so bad. I don't understand it at all. Of course, I only know what is reported in newspapers or documentaries. It is the action against a child.

Were people warned when they were children? I was not. There were some close calls. The family dentist had to kiss me. His nurse was present and did nothing to intervene. Our principal called a special assembly and read us a riot act about not going in cars with strangers, esp. for candy or a puppy. Now I realize I was almost raped by same age boys. No one told me what to do. It never entered my mind to tell my mother. I figured I would get blamed. An acquaintance's father prob. was a little too bold.

My super was a pedophile. The city social services had his little girl well trained. She was assertive about being touched.

I've written that I was envious of the attention a classmate received from the asst. overseer. She went in field service all the time. I did not want to go in field service but it did not seem fair. All the old sisters oohed and aahed about her service and love for Jehovah. Decades later I found out he sexually abused her all over the place. She said the JW investigation made her feel worse than the actual abuse. They were too interested.

Why not take the medication? Why is the recividism rate so high?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

A pedophile will not repent because a pedophile is a sociopath. A person who is sociopathic does not recognize authority any higher than themselves. They think if they want to do something, then it's the right thing to do. Therefore if they want to do something it is right, not wrong, so there would never be any reason to repent of anything.

Remember that Mary Kay Latourneau woman who was a teacher who had sex with a student, and she was in jail for it. Sometime later she was being interviewed and the question was about whether she regretted her actions. People thought from her answer that she was sorry about the whole mess. But I heard the phrase she used. She didn't actually say she was sorry. What she said was, that she knew people thought she had done the wrong thing. That was it for saying she was sorry!

Pedophiles do not consider that there is anything wrong with molesting children. They think non-pedophiles are wrong for trying to stop them. There is NO rehabilitation for pedophiles.

Marina

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Totally agree with Marina!!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Gramme is the traditional spelling of gram for my American buddies. A gram is about 1/31 of an ounce. A 9 gram lead bullet to the brain is an effective form of execution.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Watched it all, past my bedtime. Too tired to comment now, but thank you so much for sharing.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"There is NO rehabilitation for pedophiles."

I have seen no scientific proof to the contrary. So, does this fact not make a real nonsense of the JW attitude ?

They publish in their works that if the act/acts of abuse took place a long time ago the offender can have their identitiy hidden and they can even be used in positions that would give them more chances to offend !!

They judge a person to be repentant, and send them out to do it again !

When are the Numbnuts of the WT going to wake up?

Or is it, in reality, what it has been called, a "Paedophile Paradise", in all respects ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit