Quick builds- Were you on a team?

by Oneoutallout 15 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

I was on the scaffolding team in Scotland in the late 1980's early 1990's. I remember Elgin, Forres, Peterhead, Paisley (no windows) Perth and prolly a few others.

The early ones (Elgin and Forres) had upwards of 1000 people on site - then it was tightened up to 'just' 300 or so.

Peterhead was a bit of disaster as they had planned to crane into position these huge custom a-frames which were too heavy to be lifted - i think the build lasted 2 or 3 weekends in the end..

it was shortly after that they insisted on standard designs.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

He had to go to hospital for treatment for the burn to his hand and wrist although he was told to tell the hospital that it had been a burn at home so that "no reproach was made on Jehovah's name"

----

LOL.

WT's god is so weak......his godship so fragile. JWs have to constantly run interference for him....I guess lying is okay, too.

I was on one of the first-ever QB's. There were something like 1,200 volunteers on-site. That was the time they were true QB's- the KH was finished in one weekend. That changed after a while and QB's became an exclusive club, pared way down.

I always laughed at the shoddy workmanship, ex: painting being done before the drywall mud is dry. Too funny.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I did get kicked off the Haysbridge project for being a little drunk on a friday night and getting into a fight.

Proper builder then! lol.

I was at Haysbridge in 1985 too..

• chicken little
    chicken little

Husband at Haysbridge in 1985 he was full time pioneer at time, I went weekends, I was pregnant with our 2nd child, I got the job of kicking out the reinforced glass from the old iron window frames! Then I was in charge of the kids that came with their parents on a weekend. We sisters worked really hard and were often bossed around by useless brothers that couldn't be bothered to do any real work.

• bigmac
    bigmac

why cant i paste ?

hey--cantleave--tell us about that drunken fight !

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

14 years. Did roofing and Brick Laying.

Enjoyed working with a bunch of great people. It was better to work with them, than serving with them in the local congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit