Met another poster today

by Gypsy Sam 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I was excited to meet another poster today! I've been left alone by the elders since the summer and feel like it's now "safe". Although I have a nice, small group of never JW friends, there is something about being around someone that lived with hearing/believing "the truth" at some point in their lives that is a bond unique from other relationships.

Our lunch went very well and hopefully we'll get together again soon! It can be nerve wracking to meet someone from online, but thanks to those of you that post your meetup experiences, we can have a tad more courage when making plans to meet.

P.S. - We are both frustrated that the local news hasn't covered the former elder found guilty of molesting young boys for more than a decade and recently sentenced to life. So, hopefully with our efforts and another ex jw we can get this story picked up by local news.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Send a link or other document to the news desk, and ask them to cover it.

State a short reason why, such as the 1000s of jws who have been involved in advocacy about these sorts of matters.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

All info was sent on Monday. Apparently, there is one JW working at the newspaper and it's suspect how this hasn't been covered.

Calls will be made starting this week. There is no reason for this to be ignored, whatever religion the molester in involved in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit