British museum bible tours

by inbetween 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dozy
    dozy

I wouldn't read any conspiracy theory into it - it's just a source of profit for Meander Tours ( such an ironic name ) and some pioneers , in most cases well meaning , who do the tours.

I always resisted going on one , even though our congregation did a couple of tours to which I was invited. I love the British museum and I've been there on my own or with my family a few times but the thought of dressing up in my meeting clothes and going on an "official" tour with a bunch of JWs never really appealed.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I thought we were discussing the British museum tour correct?

Right. So why copy and paste a long answer to Farrell Till's Dan. 1:1 SAB comment from Berend de Boer's website?

... just as your doing with your double talk.

Excuse me?

YOU PEOPLE JUST DISCRIBED EVERY RELIGION KNOWN TO MAN. What makes all religion any better? ...

Hmm, I've noticed you've repeated the same thing at least 3 times now in various threads.

• Syme
    Syme

inbetween

I visited the British Museum last year, but not on a ''Bible tour''. It was a most amazing and enriching experience. The thing is, almost EVERYTHING in the British Museum actually disproves the WTS interpretations, even the accuracy of the Bible itself, if taken literally. For example, artifacts from Egypt predating, or at the time of, the 'Flood'; artifacts from Neolithic age, long before Adam & Eve; Sumerian artifacts before the Flood; the list is huge.

The most astonishing fact, is that those so-called Bible tours pass right through those wonderful displays and yield ZERO gain in knowledge. A visit that could really change your worldview degrades into another ''faith upbuilding'' experience... it's a farce, come to think of it. Also shows, that the fanatical, brainwashed person is capable of going through a temple of Humanity, as is the British Museum, and yet gain nothing.

It's like a stone that lives in the bottom of the lake for years, yet the water does not penetrate it in the least.

• not bitter
    not bitter

I remember going when I was a kid a few times but remember feeling embarrassed because we had to wear meeting attire and carry our bibles and even look up scriptures as we went along. I found it utterly booring staring at a Moabite stone (I think) and all I wanted to do was go off and look at mummy's and dinosaur bones.

• billythekid46
    billythekid46

Am I a Troll? I guess not sorry. I'll leave that up to you good natured socialite's that truly believe by bashing 1 religion makes any other religions any better. To learn the truth as Jesus proclaimed with his fine works who never accepted or expresses arguments. Jesus fulfilled the purpose of his Fathers truth. Never made an argument surrounded by many religions of that time. He based his life on faith, love, and understanding. What do you good people base your life on?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Billythekid46

Am I a Troll? I guess not sorry.

Well that's good. Why apologise about it though?

I'll leave that up to you good natured socialite's that truly believe by bashing 1 religion makes any other religions any better.

Ad hominem. Red herring.

To learn the truth as Jesus proclaimed with his fine works who never accepted or expresses arguments.

What about when he made a whip of ropes to chase the sellers from the temple? What about his Ad hominems to the scribes and pharisees?

Jesus fulfilled the purpose of his Fathers truth.

Which truth is this Jehovah's witnesses, Catholics, Mormans? Please give us a specific denomination.

Never made an argument surrounded by many religions of that time.

So he didn't say anything about the scribes and pharisees? EG: Matthew 23:1-36

Except when speaking to a Roman Authority he consistently refered to gentiles as pigs and dogs, even to their face.

He based his life on faith, love, and understanding. What do you good people base your life on?

Ad hominem implied in the question?

OK. Let's turn this around. Billy, what specificreligion or faith do you recommend? You seem to be using implication to show how your way is better and the true way......please share.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit