Satan And The Demons

by sojourner7 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sojourner7
    sojourner7

Greetings.

I was wondering if someone could tell me according to WT theology, what happens to Satan and the demons? Are they also annihilated or do they experience eternal punishment? Thanks!

• Shador
    Shador

First they're locked up for 1000 years. Then they're let out again for a bit for some reason or other. Then they're annihilated.

• emeth
    emeth

annihilated

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

According to JW teaching they are annihilated after the final test, (after 100 year reign and release).

But don't sweat it too much, they dont exist.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

You should ask a Jehovah's Witness as their teachings change year to year.

• sojourner7
    sojourner7

Thanks everyone!

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

It all does make sense does it? When human kind is finally perfect again (they were before according to scripture) then God in all his perfectness decides to loose the dragon again to make humans sin AGAIN! Wow... what a wisdom... recreating something and blowing it to shit again

The more I read it the more senseless it becomes :P

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

WMF nailed it

According to JW teaching they are annihilated after the final test, (after 1000 year reign and release).

But don't sweat it too much, they dont exist.

Isn't it amazing how everything that is fantastical in religion happens to be invisible. How convenient.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

The expectation is...They will be in the abyss for a thousand years as one poster already mentioned. The dilemma here is the fact that the Bible, although it states that the dragon or Satan will be abyssed and released, it does not specifially mention the "demons." So, the ORG takes liberty with the account to state the "expectation" of the demons being with the dragon as well. They will, ultimately, be destroyed along with all the other "perfected" ones, who, like Adam and Eve are too shallow and inexperienced to withstand the temptations that Gog of Magog will throw their way. It is all rather muddled after that.

It is muddled because it is difficult to take a book like Ezekiel (Gog of Magog) and make application of it in concert with the Revelation (the Dragon, original Serpent). The "Revelation," written possibly hundreds of years AFTER Jesus, is an allegorical book, application to the modern day has been the norm since the Dark Ages, the Inquisition, and the spread of Islam by the Moors. So, that is possibly why it is so difficult to understand and interpret.

• 88JM
    88JM

Their explanation of Revelation 20:10 is weak-ass - they pretty much dodge the "eternal torment" aspect

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit