"Why Nobody Ever Came Looking For You when you faded!"

by RottenRiley 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Rotten Riley:

When I faded I got several cards and inquiries. Got a few mushy "we miss you" notes from people who never bothered with me. Go figure! But, I did not get any actual visits and I am glad.

Anyway, from what I have observed, I believe the elders are more likely to pursue somebody who is of value to them. For example: they will pursue a brother who has "possibilities" (elder, etc.) There is a desperate shortage of responsible, intelligent men in the religion and they are getting a little panicky about this. So, if you are a man with something going for you, they will pursue you.

Also, if you have a business and are connected and have lots of moolah they certainly do not want to lose you. They will chase you especially.

However, if you are a single woman like me who would not let yourself be exploited by the USERS in the religion, they won't bother coming after you since it is no real loss to them. And for that, I am happy!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

if you were a "Drain-O Witness", don't plan on seeing anyone other than another weak person who actually cared about you.

That hs been my experience too - in more than one cong. At one time, I had resigned as an elder and my F/S came to a halt. I waited for the loving concern of my ex fellow elders, but none came. Eventually I was invited to a have a chat - at the K/Hall no less! This took an hour of their precious time, we parted amicably but with me expressing my doubt and lack of faith in it. There was never any follow up. I later discovered that this meeting only took place because Sis. Blues had given them a written letter begging them to reach out to me . I guess it was now on record and they had to show willing. NB they had nothing useful to say.

Since then we have moved around. I have always attended, never commented or took any part - Elders seem to view me as part of the furniture and I am totally ignored.

Still, that is a good thing for me, If I really spoke my mind then we all know what would happen, so it is best to !

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Longhaired, they need those brothers to plug all the little holes in their Good Ship! I am happy you received a different treatment than the usual protocol, most are not as lucky as you! Maybe it's because you had a higher average of decent humans in your Kingdom Hall? The majority of people are allowed to fall in the back-drop of life and nobody check's up on them!

I use to laugh when the elders would tell someone who walked in the Kingdom Hall after two years of not attending "Hey we missed you, how you been?" Brother said "I had really bad cancer, been really sick! I could not attend the Meetings but did listen in on each one!" Elders say "Well, can we help, what can we do?" Brother "You could have called and checked up on me and my family. My kids want nothing to do with the Organization because they saw through all the bullshit and lies we taught." Elder "what lies?" Brother "The lies were are a loving Organization, each JW would die for the other, you check up on the Flock, we are different from Christendom because we know everyone in our KingdomHall and take action if anyone fails"

Elder "Those are not lies, it's the truth!" The Brother disappears for two more years never to be seen by anyone in the Kingdom Hall. The Elders find out the kids of this brother run a business that employees 250 locals, the Elders go and call on this brother asking him if his kids could hire some misfit JWs because they heard the wages are good." Brother said ??? What would you say?

What would you tell the Elders who called on this Brother to put in a good word for the lazy JW kids that were unemployable?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Hi, Rotten Riley!

I do think the treatment one receives varies from place to place. Some will be pursued but others will not. But, I think I'm right and they won't waste time chasing "faders" if it's a woman they can't exploit.

As far as putting in a "good word", I would not do that unless I knew the person was sharp and with a good work ethic. Which is to say I'd almost NEVER recommend a JW unless it was a career-type person. Some of these JWs think they are "owed" everything, regardless of whether or not they are qualified. They think they are going to play the religion "card". I wouldn't touch them with a ten-foot pole.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit