The Bible's Buried Secrets, new findings on how the ancient Israelites became supposedly monotheistic

by Finkelstein 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "Sounds like you'd enjoy reading this: http://www.amazon.com/God-Against-The-Gods-Monotheism/dp/0142196339/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390926502&sr=8-1&keywords=god+against+the+gods"

Huh.

Didn't even know that it had been the subject of academic study; I'd just come to suspect it on my own.

Thanks; I'll see if my local library has it.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

here is a hebrew interlinear of Ps 89:6. http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/psa89.pdf

Many many scriptures point to more to YHWH then meets the eye. How can he 'inherit' Israel?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I guess this just makes the JW religion more on track with original beliefs. Since trinitarian Christians accuse JW's of being polytheistic for calling Jesus "a god", although JW's deny this is the case, in reality one could reason it is actually closer to Biblical teaching.

• LV101
    LV101

Finkelstein - This is the most awesome video - I've only viewed the one - first one that's linked. She's incredible.

• smiddy
    smiddy

marked for later

smiddy

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I have seen the whole documentary and was actually surprised by her findings... they were enlightening and seen from the timespan it all happened it is a plausible story.

On the downside though: she is not talking about the gilgamesh epos which I thought was one of the stories borrowed and plugged into genesis. Because now she gives an explanation about the garden of eden but does not tell about the flood story which is also part of the same epos.

O well.. it was enlightening thats for sure :)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

She is a cunning linguist...

• highroad
    highroad

Marked

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

marked

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This scholarly journalist certainly creates and brings out more expansive information toward how the

people of ancient Israel socially behaved in their worshiping aspirations, a lot more than what todays

religionists are willing to expose. ( no names mentioned )

Ironically the battle between who is directly in line with these ancient created gods and who therefore

is in a state of justifiable power because of that connection continues to this day .

I don't think its the leaders of the Watchtower Publishing house though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit