Will WTBTS cut back donations?

by VioletAnai 24 Replies latest jw friends

• IthinkIama
    IthinkIama

Has any religion besides the JW's ever come close to having the amount of literature that the WTS produces? Talk about bringing to ruin those runing the earth. The WTS does not need to print another book, magazine or tract. Common now! The rediculous amount of publishing has gone far beyond a "few study aids" into full blown brainwashing. Why don't the cut back on that as well, then they wouldn't need to cry for donations.
    BTW How many of you, as JW's had a humungous pile of old watchtowers piled up cause you couldn't give them away?

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Bah-boom...how did I get into trouble over this one....I thought you guys said that the numbers were going down...so I thought we'd have a chat about how unneccessary donations are now...seeing as the WTBTS are rich, rich, rich....

No offense LDH and others....tho...how did you get offended?

• larc
    larc

Violet,
    Either you did not read my post, or you read it, and didn't understand it. Please read it again. It says that when volumes go down, the cost per publication goes up. All of their costs, are fixed costs, so that is why they have to ask for more money, not less. They are in a world of hurt, financialy speaking.

I know you don't understand this, and have no idea as to what I am talking about. That's OK, there was a time when I didn't understand it either.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

The rate of increase of JW's worldwide WAS about 1% (that is a little less than the increase of people generally, so they are not keeping up with the population).

As you may have read five times, but didn't get it through your head, my dear VioletA***; JW's are DECREASING in the US and Europe and Japan and the like; that is the main source of their money.

JW's are seeing INCREASE in developing third-world countries, that is the DESTINATION of some of the money.

So you see, Watchtower needs MORE money becasue RICHER JW's are going going gone; poorer ones are coming IN IN IN, and they are expecting Kingdom Halls and CD's and sound systems and airconditioning; and in fact they want expensive cell-saving and blood circulating machines.

To pull this off, JW's are going to have to start getting along with each other instead of beating, raping and murdering each other; or the whole org is going to go go go.

Jehovah's will be done either way.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Not to mention that they drive away sucessful (read more well to do) people in the western world, so even in the 'rich' countries they tend to draw the dregs of society. Yep, $$$$ are not coming in like they used to, though I bet they are still not hurting yet - they are just (like any other company) reducing costs to increase profits. Or is that increased prophets?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit