More JW STATS from this year's CA: God’s Word Is Beneficial for Teaching

by suavojr 32 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

Got to be tough for the GB closing all those vacation destinations.

• pixel
    pixel

Nice report. I wonder if they have a report of how many people they feed, gave medical attention, clothing, practical help and more.

"What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works." James 2:14-18

• steve2
    steve2

It is a hop, step and a jump from praising the success of JW.org to realizing it is working "better" than field service. It is disspiriting door knocking in territories in which JW numbers have plateaued, if not gone into decline.Be careful, GB, about how you promote the success of the internet because your listeners and readers will reasonably conclude field service is nowhere near as effective. Expect more "interest" via the web, and greater difficulty getting the rank and file off their tired butts.

• besty
    besty

steve2

jw.org is already be a lead-generation mechanism- cant be long before there are DC and CA experiences featuring pioneers talking about marvelous experiences from following up on website 'interest' - couldnt bring themselves to say 'sales lead' could they...

• suavojr
    suavojr

Forgot to mention how the DO stated that you cannot find better advise online outside the JW.ORG, NOW THAT IS A MOUTHFUL!

• kaik
    kaik

Problem with many denominations that gain membership from conversions that they will eventually hit pleateau from which they cannot grow. There is only so many people interested to new religion. Therefore, the membership is stuck in transfer between generations and families. This is clearly visible in industrial countries.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

It won't be long now until they simply say they have fulfilled Matt 24:14 via jw.org.

Clearly, Jesus was speaking about preaching this good news of the kingdom to the entire inhabited earth from the comfort of your office chair and keyboard.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The BIG surprise is the release of the following Jesus kick-apostates-arses plastic toy. This will replace all the thrown away Sparlocks, Smurfs and other evil magic wizard toys discarded by loyal and obedient JW children.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“LostGeneration”: “It won't be long now until they simply say they have fulfilled Matt 24:14 via jw.org.”

Then they’ll say that we have entered the time when the Watchtower’s message has turned into the hard-hitting message like hailstones at Revelation 16:21: “ From the sky huge hailstones, each weighing about a hundred pounds, fell on people. And they cursed God on account of the plague of hail, because the plague was so terrible.” (NIV) Then they will think they can call everybody “mentally diseased,” not just the “apostates.”

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

just crap....figures, numbers, that are manipulated by the WT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit