untitled

by Brainfloss 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

Matthew 28:18-20 states
    18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

What are all of the things Jesus commanded?

How do they compare with the teachings of Jehovahs Witnesses?

• galaxie
    galaxie

Not much difference in my book, GOD, JESUS/G.B. SALVATION YIPPEE!! .....NOT!!!!

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I love this question! I am on chapter 16 of an in-depth study of the book of Matthew, and for the first time am reading for myself, what Jesus ACTUALLY said. The whole book seems to be in direct opposition to the way JW's behave and teach. They are the modern day pharisees, with so many rules and judgments cast upon each other and people of the world, they don't know what they believe, except of course that Jesus is Jehovah's subordinate. They do not follow his commands, from what I have observed. I was never baptized, so maybe they are practicing some righteousness in secret, that we can not see... But their sheep's clothing is not covering the true nature of the society they serve with such vigor.

A few examples that have stood out to me:

"Take care not to practice your righteousness in front of men to be noticed by them, otherwise you will have no reward with your Father who is in the heavens." Matthew 6:1 (Why are JW's required to report every deed and hour they do in field service, to be recognized by their elders and maintain positions within the organization? If you were to practice your field service in secret, what would the response be from the men in the congregation?) "...so that your gifts of mercy may be in secret. Then your Father who looks on you in secret may repay you." Matthew 6:4

"Love one another, as I have loved you." (Unless they are not JW's, and even if they are, be wise who you associate with!) The parable of the Good Samaritan, is a stark contrast to how JW's act toward anyone who is not parroting the party line, and keeping themselves "in good standing," through their reporting requirements.

"Stop judging that you may not be judged." Matthew 7:1

"All things, therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must do to them." Matthew 7:12

The JW's do not donate to charity, but spend all their time and efforts working to distribute Watchtower publications. When I asked my sister why do JW's not do as Jesus commanded, she replied: "That was just an example. What we do is more important than giving to a food bank or homeless shelter."

In fact, Jesus said in Matthew 25:31-46, in the parable of the sheep and goats:

41 "Then he will say to those on his left: Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devail and his angels. For I became hungry, but you gave me nothing to eat' and I was thirsty, but you gave me nothing to drink. I was a stranger, but you did not receive me hospitably' naked, but you did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but you did not look after me.' Then they too will answer with the words: "Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?' Then he will answer them, saying, "Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of these least ones, you did not do it to me.'

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Found this some time ago. It's not a complete list, though.

http://www.trusting-in-jesus.com/Commandments-of-Jesus.html

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Matt 28:18 marked

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

leaving quietly-- thanks for the link.

I especially like this one:

29. "Do not Oppose Other Christian Groups"

"Teacher," said John, "we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us."

"Do not stop him," Jesus said. "No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us." (Mark 9:38-40 NIV)

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

faithful witness -- I too think that this is an important question. each time I point out problems with the teachings of the jws they always seem to go to we art the only ones making disciples or teaching truth at this time but the question is are they teaching all of the things that jesus commanded? We already know the answer to are they babtising according to biblical guidelines.

brainfloss

• Island Man
    Island Man

"teaching them to observe all that I commanded you"

Jesus commanded his disciples to partake of the bread and the wine in rememberance of him.

But JWs discourage - all but forbid - persons from partaking of the bread and the wine. They presume, by default, that you are of the earthly hope and shouldn't partake. If you do partake they will try to correct your viewpoint or they will look upon you with suspicion as one who is mentally or emotionally unbalanced or one who is apostate or misled by false religious beliefs. New partakers become fodder for the congregation rumor mill.

In JW culture, obeying this simple command by Jesus to partake of the bread and the wine, has become a cause for much tortuous anxiety like that experienced by a child going to the dentist.

It is an amazingly glaring and outrageous paradox that a group claiming to be christian has created such an atmosphere of peer pressure to dissuade persons from obeying Jesus' command to partake of the bread and the wine! JWs can be equated with a group claiming to be christian but dissuading members from praying in Jesus name. It is one of the most glaringly and disturbingly wrong thing about JWs.

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

JW teach to do more do more do more do more - Jesus was about understanding how to love our heavenly father and exercising faith along with reconizing the true meaning behind spirituality- where as JW say spirituality is about going to the hall and being in service.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I have known my father's first name since I was 2 years old, but have never called him Richard. A parent will hear their child calling out to them, even if they simply cry out for "Mom!" or "Dad!" If I started calling my dad by his first name (and mispronouncing it), that would be disrespectful.

Jesus showed us how to pray, with his example prayer, "the Lord's Prayer." He said, "Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name..."

There is not one example of Jesus calling his father Jehovah or anything but Father.

JW's are so concerned with vindicating Jehovah's name, they deny Christ. Yet, they call themselves "True Christians."

This is slightly over the top, but I have come to believe that the JW Memorial of Christ's death, is a Satan-led ritual. The true master of confusion has tricked them all into denying Christ's sacrifice, celebrating ONLY his death, and ignoring the resurrection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit