Getting bariatric surgery in March!

by marmot 31 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Good luck to you Marmot , I hope all goes well.

smiddy

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

My brother had the surgery, he kept the weight-loss off after for three years and is back to 400lbs. I use to train at the local gym and heavy duty workouts, riding 200 miles on my road bike a week, swimming 15 miles and running 3-5 miles a day. I stayed at 190 lb 6:3 for 38 years, once I backed off the exercise the weight started to pour on and I had to change my routine again. Lifting weights was perfect, all the weight I gained helped my strenght but I don't like weighing so much. It all started when I was dealing with the Pedophile situation, I started to take some happy pills and lost my energy, I hope you are able to get some of the new guys!

I hope you have a total-plan to aid you because only one person I know has kept the weight off him. He had three heart-attacks, went from 465lbs down to 225 (got the surgery at 51 years old), he was morbidly obese and now after six years he is still hanging around 230-240 range because he changed his eating habits totally!

It's a life style alteration, I hope when the weight shedds off like melting butter your able to get out and walk and do as much light to medium excersise as possible, we had many JW Sisters get this surgery and their stomachs started to expand again because the Watchtower is not conducive for a healthy life.

Witnesses here in Santa Barbara, Ventura County and SLO were taking Topamax and Phenterimine for weight loss, they look like lizards with gray hair, none of them thought Exercise was important so they packed the weight back on once they dropped these amphetimine weight loss drugs.

Your medications "Seroquel, Abilify and Lithium are "Weight+" meds, they zap most people of energy so the weight packs on because you have no energy and the Meds usually make your brain feel numb. There are a new generation of meds that are more "weight-neutral", hope your situation works out well, you need your meds but you need some energy, get some good books on this topic, I want you to be a success!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit