Wonderful story from "the road to everlasting life have you found it?" brochure

by runForever 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• runForever
    runForever

This brochure is targeted at African people seeing that every photograph has African people in it

enjoy:

One night while Iwas
    asleep in bedwithmy husband,
    I heard a voice call
    my namethree times. Then
    I sawthe ceiling split apart,
    and a fiery, ball-like object
    dropped ontomy stomach.
    Of course,my husband
    could see none of these
    things. Nevertheless, I felt a
    terrible heat that lasted for
    severalmonths.
    Sixmonths later, the voice
    calledme again. Immediately,
    the whole house seemed
    to be in deepwater. A large
    python cameout of thewater and crawled
    aroundmy hand. I tried invain to shake it off.
    Iwas terrified. Then thewater and the snake
    vanished, and Iwas violently thrownto the
    ground. Iwas unconscious for several hours.
    The voice then toldmeto return to a spiritistic
    healing temple in the village.When I asked the
    spirit his name, he gave a namemeaning “possessor
    ofwealth but no child.”He promised to
    makemerich through healing powers.
    Sick people came tomefromnear and far.
    Before arriving atmy house, theywould appear
    inmy specialmirror. Then, as one arrived,
    Iwould slapmy palm against his palm, and
    the nature of his sickness or problem
    alongwith the remedywould immediately
    be revealed to me. The spirit
    also toldmehowmuch
    money people had to pay.
    Money and giftswere
    pouring inbecauseof the
    effectiveness of the cures.
    I became a “possessor of
    wealth,” but I also learned
    themeaning of “no child.”
    Each time I bore a child,
    his immediate seniorwould
    die. Thiswas very distressing.
    During the 12 years
    that I served this spirit, six
    ofmy children died.
    I began to pray toGod
    for help. I prayed fervently.
    One day Jehovah’sWitnesses
    knocked atmy door. Although I usually
    chased themaway, that day I decided to listen.
    In the discussions that followed, I learned that
    Iwas servingademon!Imadeupmymind to
    quit spiritism.
    When I told that to the spirit, hewarnedme
    againstmy decision.However, I said: “Iamfinishedwithyou.”
    I burned all the things I used in divining.
    I studied the Biblewith theWitnesses, became
    a servant of Jehovah, andwas baptized in
    1973.NowI have five healthy children.My
    husband also becamea baptizedWitness.
    —As told by Josephine Ikezu.
    Box: How did one woman break free from the
    demons?

• Comatose
    Comatose

uh no thats too stupid to believe... how can they print that and believe it

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Demons? Or angels extorting people to serve their god joke-hova? I believe this was angels destroying those children to extort the parents into becoming witlesses, since the "attacks" stopped following the jokehovians knocking on their door. Satan and His Demons would not attack the children and try to torture them, only to have joke-hova drive the Demons away--this was angels.

And this is blatant stupidity. Playing on superstition and ignorance to frighten people into becoming jokehovians is itself wicked. Perhaps you didn't lose children, but your income leaves a lot to be desired thanks to the cabal of banks and companies conspiring to enslave the whole human race. They will play on that "If joke-hova can protect those children, maybe that thing can get me a decent income". Nuisance health issues also play in--they become jokehovians on the hopes that they will be healed. Inevitably, it doesn't work but the "blessing" is bumped to the next higher level. Get baptized. Serve full time. Join their schools or headquarters. Reach out for positions of more responsibility. Put in 200 hours of field circus a month. Cut down on or eliminate dead time. And so on. It just reaches higher, always just beyond your current level.

Seems that this road has its terminus well short of blessings. It is a backcountry road that always has its reward at the next exit, the next light, the next stop sign. You get there, it is "Exit 1". You keep going, you run into another exit labeled "Exit 1". You see the mile posts "Mile 5", "Mile 4", and down to "Mile 1". Then another "Mile 5" post. It just never ends. Yet, the blessings have their terminus well short of this road--that you should never have entered.

• smiddy
    smiddy

As another post I resurrected prey on the superstitions of people with limited education

smiddy

• trujw
    trujw

it really nice to see that demons want to help people and cured them of their sickness as she said immediatley and also provided a nice living for her and her family. I guess they would be a cruel bunch "the demons" if they gave advise that actually killed her followers like maybe not to vaccinate their children which would lead to horriable sickness and death. I am trying to remember what religion did that? Oh well can't remember.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Seems the demon she was in contact with didn't need to chase after her once he realized she'd joind a demonic relgion anyway.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'm glad you posted this (though a little more spacing would have been nice ), because I was thinking about this recently and wondering what publication I read this in. I think it's interesting that (a) there's no way to confirm that this is not just the story of a crazy hallucinating woman, and (b) it's printed in a brochure just for Africans and is way more extreme than anything that the Society prints for the first world.

• trujw
    trujw

It's very sad. The only way they can come up with experiences is by telling stories from someone who obviously suffers from extreme mental illness. Instead of providing medical help they use this woman to sell more magazines. We never hear the follow up story two years later when she is committed to Pych ward And disfellowshipped. Completely left alone And abandoned by the watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit