Ran into JW's manning a table/booth at the beach.

by PaintedToeNail 9 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Came across 2 of these 'booths' in 2 days. One at the int'l airport we landed at (hubby asked directions from them, they were knowledgable about the airport and very nice) and the other at a pier on the beach...hubby had to race over and say Hi to them and I was standing there. The 'brother' was an arrogant boob. He made sure we knew he had been in Bethel, and was only in that lovely beach town because Bethel downsized 7 years ago. He said some more stuff, and asked about us being in that locale. I couldn't take it anymore and told him, "I used to live here as a kid, but my parents moved because the end was coming in 1975 and they needed to save their relatives in....(a really cold place)..obviously the end didn't come, my relatives couldn't have cared less about armageddon and we were stuck freezing to death."

The look on that bro's face was priceless. I walked off then and got some fresh caught sea food. Hubby followed and said absolutely nothing...the bro was dressed in a wool jacket, wool hat, tie the whole 9 yards. Everyone else was in shorts or bathing suits.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's strange seeing them do their "lifesaving work" by standing/sitting and watching the world pass them by.
    If I see them again (without my JW wife present) I will give them a thrill by taking a book and asking for their "new Bible." I will give them the name "Alan Jackson" and say that I am transient, so I gotta have that Bible now. That will make them cry out with joy. Then I will put it in the proper receptacle and ask a different JW for the same thing another day.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Epic job there PTN. Love it when someone gets a dig in on them and they are rendered speechless!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Thumbs up PTN !!

My local subway stop was temporarily closed this past Sunday because of a broken rail, so when I got off the bus, I ducked under the station anyway to cross the street, there was a Brother still standing in the station (in 9 degrees whether) with the mags in 3 different languages, I told him there was no service at that station, and he said but people are still using it to cross the street, I said "it's all about the time sheet isn't, always have to get in that time", he just said "have a nice day", they usually have a bit more to say, but he just went back to his statue act

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Priceless rebuttal PaintedToeNail . I wonder if he can put 2 and 2 together to see how much time he wasted at Bethel and now standing in a suit at the beach.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• 4thgen
    4thgen

"I'm so happy to be doing beach witnessing!"

• SAHS
    SAHS

“OnTheWayOut”: “I will give them a thrill by . . . asking for their "new Bible." . . . That will make them cry out with joy. Then I will put it in the proper receptacle and ask a different JW for the same thing another day.”

You should put their new gray Bible in your pocket and tell them that you’re looking forward to the soft feel of the new slick pages on your butt when you have to sit on the porcelain throne. And all the sweeter if there’s someone to snap a photo of the man’s face right at that instance. That would be a priceless pic.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

It was interesting to see eventhe first couple, they were wedged between a couple other booths of some sort and were chatting away together. When my husband poke to them they looked rather startled, almost as if someone approaching them was unheard of. They were really nice and down to earth.

4thgen-They do look that ridiculous!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think this is great, the more jdubs that go this route the less people they will get into the religion.

• trujw
    trujw

Why not just say I heard you believe Jesus came back to kingdom power in 1914. Can you please show me from your bible. I find that very interesting and have never heard that from my church. When they reach for a book I say no I asked to see it from your BIBLE not read from a book. spoiler alert they can't

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit