UPDATE: Attempt to Ban JW.ORG in Russia Fails

by mynameislame 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

“Thanks to this legal victory, all citizens of Russia will continue to have access to this excellent Bible-education website.”

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Great!! THANK YOU RUSSIA... NOT!!

They just created a situation that was win-win for the witnessess... banned and it's good... not banned and it's good...

-.-

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Call me picky but I like to know sources. Random quotes annoy me. What are the questions that must be asked in journalism, according to my elementary school teacher. Who, what, where, when, etc.

The source of the quote could be the WT HQ, WT Russia, the Russian government, specific department?, a voter in Vermont. Some conventions exist for good reasons. As if copy and paste only jobs aren't bad enough, now we have totally anonymous quotes in reference to what? What has happened to Western education?

• adamah
    adamah

JWs can't lose, either way:

1) if they won, it's "glory be to Jehovah for working on our behalf!"

2) if they lost, it's "we're being persecuted in the name of Jehovah!" and hence an opportunity to work on their persecution complexes.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The only thing this legal victory show, is the double speak of the Watch Tower Society

Why didn't the WTS " Wait on the Kingdom " that will be here " Soon "

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Band on the run, if you were referring to me i did forget to post the link but it was right from the story on jw.org:

http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/europe/russia/attempt-to-ban-website/

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...............................Jehovah`s Witnesses in Russia are Celebrating!

..........................................................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't understand what happened. It would be nice if there were a Russian government statement. I haven't seen any reporting on the issue at the New York Times. In fairness, the Times would report if the Witnesses were banned. I'm going to search the NYT now.

After all the decades I've been out, the JW statements absolutely make me sick. Not that I want them banned.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Honestly I didn't take the "threat" of banning a web site seriously in Russia. It seems a bit overblown, and something once again to seemingly unite everyone.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

LOL @ Outlaw.

puts a whole new twist on "New Light", doesn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit