The Biggest Fear From The Watchtower Organization Is ???

by minimus 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Quendi
    Quendi

I found the remarks by scotoma and minimus to be especially interesting because they touch directly on the decline and fall of the WTS. I was never considered or appointed to any office in the congregations I was a part of except as a regular pioneer. I always thought it strange that the Watchtower Study conductor and the Theocratic Ministry School overseer regularly talked to me about public speaking and reading. I was always considered to be the best speaker, reader and teacher in any congregation I found myself in. Despite that, I was consistently passed over and never encouraged to reach out.

Looking back on all of that now I can only say that it was a blessing in disguise. Had I been made a part of the servant body in a congregation, I shudder to think what I would have been exposed to. The accounts I have read on this board as well as the talks I have had with individuals has convinced me that I was much better off being excluded. After I left the pioneer ranks--some thirty years ago--I remained a regular publisher who never served but was always consulted when the elders or ministerial servants were stumped for answers to questions they had no idea how to research. Envy, racism and fear were strong factors in my not being used, but I have also believed there were other reasons I was not aware of.

I also have to agree with the belief that it is the modern world that is the biggest source of fear for the WTS. That world has made information available at an unprecedented scale. It has also exposed people to thinking and made available choices they never dreamed existed. As long as the prime source for view-shaping information was the WTS through its speakers and publications, the rank-and-file Witness was content to go along with the WTS program. But when people began to learn that the world wasn't some Satan-haunted environment, that other views, cultures and ways of life were valid in their own right, and that true human love could be expressed in various and different ways, they were forced to change their own thinking and to painfully shed long-cherished attitudes. The WTS has reacted with repression and backlash in the hopes it can root out these elements among its adherents. They may find success in the underdeveloped world, but it is clear that elsewhere, their religion is seen as the retrograde and tyrannical system it really is.

Quendi

• minimus
    minimus

I doubly agree, Q.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The saving grace of the Watchtower prior to the Internet is that while they say really stupid things those that remember these stupid comment eventually die.

So I would like to add the fear factor that these stupid comments will be remembered beyond the lifespan of the hearers, which is the beauty of the Internet. Nothing ever goes away. Long after we are all dead individuals will be able view our comments.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Love the animation Outlaw, they crack me up and were one of my reasons for joining in the first place. I do believe humor is unofficially banned in the Kingdom Halls and therefore in the Kingdom of Heaven according to the GB. My humor has alway been the cause of so much censure.

• kaik
    kaik

I tend to agree with Steve that biggest threat to WT is apathy. World with the most prosperous population and the largest economies are becoming religiously indifferent. Asia represents half of the human race, with fastest growing economies like China were education plays key role in the person's identity. The same is valid for Europe - Western and Eastern, and most of Anglo-Saxon world. USA is the only industrial country that went through various religious awakening and gave world bunch of crazies and it is only western country where religion plays a dominant political role. Even there, the rise of religiously indifferent population undermines the growth of crazy, charismatic, dooms cult. WT will only have chance in countries with low level of education and easily influenced by charismatic, religious leaders. This religious apathy, indifference, and outright aversion toward organized religion present the biggest threat to JW.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Okay, it may not be one of the GB's biggest fears!

But, the GB have got to live with the fear of one day the well drying up!

Its' true that WT has hundreds of millions if not billions of $$$ in assets and cash in the bank. But even as WT admits in its own literature that the wealthy live with the fear of losing it all.....well so do those who have a cushy, cozy and carefree lifestyle at WT Headquarters!

Sooner or later these words of wisdom will catch up with WT:

'...he that is hastening to gain riches will not remain innocent' (Prov 28:20)

and

...'you cannot slave for God and for riches' (Matt 6:24)

• minimus
    minimus

The FDS (the GB) want JWs to accept and BELIEVE EVERYTHING they say. The problem is, that Witnesses can not trust the FDS/GB because they constsntly change a teaching or viewpoint.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Biggest Fear From The Watchtower Organization Is ?

That the general pubic and JWS members now will wake up to this pretentious and corrupt scam

of what makes the Watchtower Corporation.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

What if they lost their not for profit status or they were required to report the holdings and income. At this point all NFP non religions organizations must report under IRS requirements for IRS 990 reportiing. Religious organizations are exempt, but these rules may change.

That would be fun.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

DISUNITY and the Watchtower leaders losing their place and nation (compare John 11:48).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit