From Captives of a Concept: Gods Prophet, Hypocrisy and Propaganda used to control.

by Jon Preston 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Lol it wasnt me it was Don Cameron who thought of it but yes i think youre right

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Jon, have you read Crisis of Conscience? My husband and I faded 18 months ago together. The first book I read was by Diane Wilson called "Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness: Escape from the Watchtower Society". This is an excellent book especially for women because it shows how they have treated women and so many other basic things. Then I read a book by David Reed and after that I found COC. I have since read many other books on this subject but I was able to get my husband to read COC and that woke him up very quickly. It wasn't until I read COC that I realized there were all of these great sites out here to get support and help. I wish you the best in getting her out.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Oh yea i read it....it was a startling account and really shows u how thinks go down in the Fds room.

• cha ching
    cha ching

*** w1960 7/15 p. 444 par. 19 Staying Awake with the “Faithful and Discreet Slave” ***

19 the “faithful and discreet slave was awake to the coming of 1914.

In 1942 the “faithful and discreet slave” guided by Jehovah’s unerring spirit made known that the democracies would win World War II and that there would be a United Nations organization set up. Such wakefulness was concerning events that unerringly took place three years later.

At the 1958 Divine Will International Assembly amazing advance information in connection with Daniel’s prophecy was given about events to occur in the immediate future.

Such evidence of spiritual foresight is recorded for us in the book “Your Will Be Done on Earth.” Once again the “faithful and discreet slave”has been tipped off ahead of time for the guidance of all lovers of God.

Surely one’s present security depends on his staying awake with the “faithful and discreet slave.”

* Who was that “FDS” that was awake to 1914?

* Not Russell, he wasn’t the FDS…

* Guided by J’s unerring spirit... Did God make a mistake? Or who did?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Deuteronomy 18:22 - 'When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word is not fulfilled or does not come true, then Jehovah did not speak that word. The prophet spoke it presumptuously. You should not fear him.’

Is there any other religion today that 'speaks in the name of Jehovah' AND has said so many presumptous things that never came true?

Jesus said DON'T follow religions that keep saying the end is near, doh!!

Luke 21:8 - 'He said: “Look out that you are not misled, for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time is near.’ Do not go after them.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit