JWs Writers deserve to be in THE GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS!

by abiather 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• abiather
    abiather

How many mistakes one can make in understanding a simple statement of Jesus? Take one sample statement:

“I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Mathew 8:11, 12)

1) Jesus declares: Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will inherit kingdom of HEAVEN.
    JWs declare: They will not, because they belong to pre-Christian period. (Contrast Hebrews 11:16)

2) Jesus declares: MANY will come from THE EAST and THE WEST and will inherit kingdom of HEAVEN
    JWs declare: They will not, because the people of the East are pagan, and if at all they were converted by Christendom, they were only made into the part of the Babylon the Great, hence double worthy of Gehenna. And people of the West are mostly materialistic and part of Christendom, and they too are part of Babylon the Great. The expression “MANY” is wrong, because a few “Anointed Ones” who support the GB will only inherit heaven!

3) Jesus declares: “subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside” on the basis of principle he stated later in Mathew 21:43
    JWs declare: Subjects of the kingdom will NOT be thrown outside.

In the same vein of thought, one may ask them:
    Will saints like Mother Theresa inherit heaven? Jesus will say: “Of course, and ABSOLUTELY. And if she will not inherit heaven, then who else will?” Because Jesus had already declared: “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.” (Mathew 21:31; Compare Luke 19:1-10)

If you ask the same question (regarding Mother Theresa) to JWs, you will hear a most cruel answer from them. I have heard it even from their Elite class: Gilead Missionaries!

• steve2
    steve2

Sadly - or thankfully - the editors of the Guiness Book of Records shy clear of awarding honors to the world's over-stocked supplies of earnest religionists bickering about the correct interpretations of a long-dead prophet's variously translated words.

• cofty
    cofty

Will saints like Mother Theresa inherit heaven?

Mother Theresa was an odious old hag who made a cult out of poverty.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

How do they fare up for being the longest running cult? I read somewhere years ago (in a galaxy far far away) that the average cult does not do well after its second missed prophecy. They got that beat hands down.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Re: Mother Teresa. Take a look at Christopher Hitchen's book, The Missionary Position. Very interesting!

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

I like the way Don cameron put it "even when the Society happens to be teaching something that is a true teaching of the Bible, that isn’t the reason why Jehovah’s Witnesses believe it. They believe it because “God’s organization” is teaching it. ;-)

• abiather
    abiather

I have worked in Bengal (State of India) where Mother Theresa melted like a candle for the sake of the repulsive refuse of the community. Why I used the name of Mother Theresa is that she is a good symbol for what Jesus said “Many from West and East” who would inherit the heaven—having been born in the West, and served in the East! It is not for no reason that this TOO PRECIOUS PEARL of all times was awarded The Nobel Peace Prize 1979 (which obviously COFTY is unaware of).

• cantleave
    cantleave

Obama won the Nobel peace prize too, it means nothing.

I think Cofty's description of her is pretty accurate.

• ammo
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

The WBT$ deserve to have the book thrown at them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit