2012 & 2013 MEMORIAL ATTENDANCES LOWER THAN 2011: Strategies for Beefing up the Numbers

by steve2 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Last year, 2013, the talk was way better than the couple of years before. And also, you have to consider the day of the Easter week. If on a weekend, more will attend, if mid-week, fewer will, as the not-so-hard-core-ones make up a large proportion of the attendance, and they tend rather to go vacationing than listening.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Based on the informaiton in the current WT Study articles, I think there will be a real emphasis from "Mother" for the elders to call on inactive (former) publishers and get them to attend this most important occasion. Though the shortfalls in the attendance are very slight, they are clearly not in the direction that the Leaders would like to see. Everything is supposed to show progress! More! Bigger! Better!

Doc

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

What is the benefit to the WTS of having all the dubs pressure, cajole and drag their relatives along for one night in the year. They sit in boredom, go through the motions of pretending to pray and sing - and get home as soon as possible with their filial duty done for another year.

Apart from putting a bum on the seat and making the locals feel good, what is the point?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It re-affirms the faith of the JW's in their Organization , "Look at all the potential !" "All these could be Bible Studies!".

The worst form of affirmation comes from the Inactive faders who still turn up, the JW's say to themselves "See, they still believe it is the truth".

And that stops them from thinking about all the nonsense they are taught, and how they themselves don't really swallow it.

All you who attend when you know TTATT should be ashamed of what you are doing.

• Hillary
    Hillary

Yeah, 2014 might be the last memorial just like they said Reagan might be the last U.S. President

• lrkr
    lrkr

My 2 cents- the R&F faithful will always be at the Memorial. Its the "invited guests" that are the wild card. If the attendence was off one year I'd look at what day of the week it was on and what the weather was. That would likely be the reason for any swing.

Oh-and its god awful boring too...

• steve2
    steve2

My 2 cents- the R&F faithful will always be at the Memorial. Its the "invited guests" that are the wild card. If the attendence was off one year I'd look at what day of the week it was on and what the weather was. That would likely be the reason for any swing.

Oh-and its god awful boring too...

True - although the attendance has been "off" for two consecuative years. 2013 was higher than 2012 but both 2012 and 2013 were lower than 2011. All will be revealed.....The Witnesses and their sundry supporters are undoubtedly aiming for 20,000,000 plus at the momentous 2014 memorial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit