How does one change the icon/avatar thingamajig?

by Jon Preston 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Jon Preston
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

learn to love it, or use www.gravatar.com

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You can't, really, at least not on JWN. You can try something called Gravatar, it's something separate from JWN that allows you to have one avatar for multiple boards. It didn't work for me on JWN, although it works on other boards. But give it a try, it works for some people.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

You can't.. gravatar does not work. I created an account months ago, uploaded an avatar.. to which I was told it would update the one I have here in about an hour. 4 months later I still have this creepy little purple demonic bat gimp thingy. :(

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

<<< Mine worked

Dis, might have been size issues or something simple like email address matching etc.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Perhaps with the updates Simon has done to the board, Gravatar needs fixing, my avatar is from Gravatar, but I have tried to change it a couple of times in the past few months and it does not update here.

• Simon
    Simon

The issue is that the avatars are cached so they stop updating.

If you PM me I can reset things so it should update but the new site will allow updates anyway.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Dis, might have been size issues or something simple like email address matching etc.

I was careful to use the exact same email Witness.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Sent you a PM Simon..

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

BUMP!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit