Spiritual barfothon

by Fatal Error 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

Evening all,

Before I forget it all, here's the gist of our CO's talk today:

The base scripture was Psalms 91, especially 91:3 "For he himself will deliver you from the trap of the birdcatcher, from the pestilences causing adversities."

From what I gathered, the emphasis was on maintaining trust in God, and rooting out dissenters in our ranks. The CO moved on to Jer 5:26 to backup the birdcatcher ref, extra emphasis placed on " from among my people there have been found wicked men.... They have set a ruinous trap."

Psalms 15:2 and 121:8 were then discussed, encouraging us to remain within the organisation and under god's umbrella of protection, and not to be mislead by what apostates and the world (news programs maybe??) might throw at us, as they are all Satan's spawn.

1John 5:19 next, reminding us that the world is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. 2Cor 2:11, we should look out for these misleading plans, and be watchful of dissenters within our ranks, as they often come with smiles and greetings, but target individual persons to drag them away from god. He babbled on about this point for quite some time, insisting that we were the birds of Psalms 91.

Isaiah 54:17: Condemn anything said against us, and you will have god's (and the organisations) protection.

And finally rom 10:11 to drum it a bit more in.

More threats and closing of ranks to me, sorry if I wasn't very clear on some points, I always feel a bit nauseous after the sunday meeting. I'm sure more will come back to me as the posts start coming in [])]

• dungbeetle
  • Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

Nope

This is today's CO talk, the final one he's giving this week...

• Grunt
    Grunt

Thanks. I remember way back when Sinutko (sp) used that reference but in a different way. I haven't attended a meeting in so long, it brings it all back hearing it described. The last one I attended I had to walk out of, I just couldn't take the Watchtower study with all so eager to use the questions they had underlined the answers too the night before. Not a real question was asked nor were any real answers given. It hurts me to think my parents, daughter and many others are a part of that charade. They are too good for that.

• VM44
    VM44

Hi Fatel Error,

How about posting the name of the CO?

He is saying these things in public and
    he should go down on record as having done so!

--VM44

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

I don't think it really matters what the identity of the speaker is, as he was only reading a preprepared talk provided by the WT. I'm not keen on giving out his name anyway, due to the possibility of my own identity being uncovered locally.

• VM44
    VM44

These posts can be edited quite quickly! *S*

--VM44

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I see no reason to give out his name either, it definitely WILL reveal who you might be, very easily.

And for the record,

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=25228&site=3

It's the same old drivel being spread around all over the planet, I got the same talk in my hall word for friggin' word. Big friggitty deal.

Notice my response in violet-anus' thread, especially regarding the dateabout the date 1927:

Away back in the issue of March 1, 1904, of the Watch Tower, the article entitled "Under His Wings!" commented on Psalm 91:3 and said regarding "the snare of the fowler," that this was "the deceptions of Satan, in which all those not protected shall stumble." (Page 74, column 2) A much later issue of The Watch Tower agreed with that and said: "It seems certain that 'the fowler' here named by the prophet is the Devil, and that his snare consists of his methods employed, and by his organization, working in divers and numerous deceptive ways to entrap those who claim to be servants of the Most High God." (Page 231, paragraph 37, of the Watch Tower issue of August 1, 1927, presenting the first of a series of three articles on Psalm 91, Authorized Version) Of all the symbolic "fowlers" or "birdcatchers" referred to in the Bible, Satan the Devil is the outstanding one.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I say again:

I very much recomend against giving out any kind of persoanlly identifying info such as this, although I personally trust VM44. If nothing else,someone innocent person may get caught in a trap set for you, have you thought of that?

• VM44
    VM44

Fatal Error,
    You (and Dungbeetle) are right, it is best not to post
    too much information here there can be used to identify individuals.
    (what is writeen here probably gets back to the WTS very quickly!)
    but thanks for posting some of what the CO said.

I was wondering how the CO comes up with these "strong" points.
    Sometimes it has to do with the "needs" of the local congregation
    they are visiting, but sometime it is indeed a point that the
    Brooklyn headquaters want to get accross to the congregations.

The COs should be taken to task for what they say, but since the
    Watchtower Society is a "top down" organization, no one below the
    CO "class" can do anything, just have to sit there in the hall and
    take it!

Grunt,
    What is the scripture that do you recall Sunutko overusing?
    I found some audio of him talking about 1975 online, you can listen
    to it (if you want to) at:

Famous Sound Clips from Watchtower History
    [ http://www.watchtowernews.org/wav/wav.htm]

To all:

Here is something at Randy's site that I have to post. It really
    decribes quite well what goes on at the Sunday Watchtower Study.

"Phony questions, however, where the answer is known by all, are part of pleasurable ritual. They are asked and answered in a wonderful nonthreatening confirmation of 'group think.'"
    [ http://www.freeminds.org/psych/boast.htm]

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit