How do Jehovah's Witnesses get from 1914 to 1919?

by God_Delusion 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Hi Apognophos,

Thanks for the tip. I have made changes to it. I am trying to not delve too deeply into this subject as there's no point seeing that 607 BCE is bogus anyway.

Jaymes

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Great Summary, JWFacts.

Eden

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

So, Rutherford and gang were chosen by Jesus to be his chosen FDS in 1919, except he did not tell them, not for years and years.

How spectacularly weird is that ? The first (and only?) actual action of Jesus' rulership over Earth, and he makes the most important appointment in History, he doesn't even tell the appointed ones they have been, and there is no Royal Proclamation about it, ever. ????????

Sounds like someone is making this s**t up !

Nowhere is this teaching explained in any understandable manner. (JWFacts provides the best summary, the WT just waffle and gloop).

And yet close on 8 million people are supposed to trust and obey those eight Popes, even give their lives, or the lives of their children, based on what exactly ?

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

On made up poop...

• flipper
    flipper

GOD_DELUSION- I don't think any of that interpreted Bible timeline means anything, it's just an interpretation of JW's or whomever. I think a more appropriate question is this : How do Jehovah's Witnesses get from 1914 to 2014 and still consider themselves viable or an organization even worth taking seriously as a member due to the deception and lies ? My 2 cents

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit