a few thoughts

by Defianttruth 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

The true power of lies.

Masturbation

I remember my father being suspect of my long showers as a 13 year old. What else would I be doing besides giving my new favorite toy a complete scrubbing? Don’t get me wrong he was right about my bathing activities, but damn was he a jerk about it. He sat me in his room and told me that people who masturbate develop skin diseases and their penises will fall off. To be honest with you, this scared me to death and his tactic worked for about 3 days until the urge could not be controlled. Guess what? A few months later I did develop a rash “down there”. In retrospect, it was probably a poison ivy infection from building a fort in the woods. So here I am in the most pain imaginable physically and emotionally, (I was thinking my penis was rotting off) and I didn’t say a word to anyone. I could have gotten help but I decided I would hid the this condition because I didn’t want anyone to know. I even thought about suicide. I didn’t want to live without a penis. I felt shame. Well, a week or two goes by and everything returns to normal. What a relief. I could breath again. I later learned that almost everybody does it and it is okay. In fact, there are quite a few medical benefits to masturbation. What did I learn from my fathers Golden Nugget of advice? He couldn’t be trusted. I now have children of that age there is no way I would ever make them feel bad over any of this kind of stuff. I think it is child abuse.

Marijuana

I was told marijuana was the most dangerous substance on the Planet. I was told it would ruin your life. I was in my early 20s and was hanging out with some friends who I was in graduate school with when one looked at me and said, “Hey man, I’m pretty sure you don’t smoke, but we are going out to the balcony and smoke a joint. I don’t want to leave you in here all by yourself and make you feel uncomfortable. You are welcome to join us.” Cult mentality kicked in. I almost ran through the door. The Young People Ask was right. All of the college people are drug addicts. I calmed my self and realized he was just trying to be nice so it wouldn’t be a shock. I did not smoke that day with him. He and the rest of my friends did not try to pressure me at all. I did talk to him about it a few days later and I discussed all of my fathers, WTBS, and Just Say No lies. He just laughed. Now, I did do some pot on and off in my life. I never made it my daily routine. Guess what? A little more trust erodes.

The Truth

I do not have the time or the space to go into this, but I think the more they lie the more people will start to wake up. Think about it.

It worked for you.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I agree with your child abuse comment. I think the reperession exercised by this cult engenders an unhealthy attitude towards sex. I spent years feeling guilty about masturbating.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I love your approach DT.

It brought me back to my youth. At 18 I bought a motorcycle and rode with other youths in my neighbourhood. One day 4 of us went to one of the guys home to listen to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album. The guy had pot and they passed a joint around. I didn't feel the urge to run out but I turned it down telling them I didn't even smoke cigarettes...At that time in my "JW life" I already had responsibilities in the congregation as an assistant book study conductor and I assisted at the magazine counter...so I felt guilty for not avoiding a spiritually dangerous situation and staying in the house with my pot smoking buddies. Masturbation was also another matter that bothered my conscience...until all was "resolved" when I got married a few day before turning 19. Unlike many who married at that age in the mid-seventies, we are still happily married after 40 years.

• peggy
    peggy

I like this posting very much! It ISN'T about masturbating! It's about the LIES of childhood! It's about FEAR and the lies told by parents based on FEAR! The outcome is DISTRUST! We weren't raised in the "truth"! We were raised in the "lie"! SOON the new system will be here and we must be told LIES to get us on the other side! Peg

• scary21
    scary21

And they said worldly people were soooooo bad for telling their kids there was a Santa .........right lol

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

DT, I would suspect quite the opposite. I think not masturbating would cause the penis to fall off.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think so too Billy.

So I won't chance it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit