This site has been going for 13 years. Did you ever at one point fear armageddon?

by ILoveTTATT 33 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Never feared it...doing my best to serve God, why should I? Armageddon was for the destruction of the wicked, I wasn't wicked.

Today's article, did Hezekiah have any doubts that God would help him and the nation per the WTS? But the WTS tries to scare the rank and file as they judge them worthy or not...putting themselves above God.

10 Of course, Hezekiah was aware of
    the approaching danger, but rather than
    desperately enlist the help of a pagan nation,
    as his apostate father, Ahaz, had
    done, Hezekiah placed his trust in Jeho-
    vah.

• kaik
    kaik

Armageddon is JW version of Catholic hell. What is main difference is that hell is in afterlife, while JW preaches that hell will happen at anytime. Armageddon is nothing more than scarecrow for weak minded JWs to get associated with the organization. There is not much difference between hell of renaissance era and pictures of armaggedon in WT. As a child I was scared due influence of the cult, and spent time preoccupied with it. Later years, I do not believe that Armageddon is real event. It is nonsense. Armies battling somewhere over unimportant land in Levant, where is semiarid desert without natural resources. If anything, it is symbolic imagination of the battle between good and evil as is know form various mythology. Armageddon does not really appear in medieval philosophy until the rise of various protestant churches. From time to time between 300AD and 1500AD there were some end of the time movements like that one in Frankish empire in 843, Italy in 1000 or Bohemia in 1419, it was never the main theology of the Christianity. However, during the Second Great Awakening, various crazies had spurred in Northern America that invented Armageddon as JW are preaching. It did not exist in traditional, European Christianity. The main motto was "Memento Mori".

• prologos
    prologos

Never feared it, awaited it in the 50s, 60s, Armageddon was to stop all wars, and when you lived through one, that is already one too many. Armageddon, even the imagined, was supposed to be the pre-emptive strike by god, not Mutual Assured Destruction of civilian populations.

so it is a non- issue, one way or the other.

• prologos
    prologos

Never feared it, awaited it in the 50s, 60s, Armageddon was to stop all wars, and when you lived through one, that is already one too many. Armageddon, even the imagined, was supposed to be the pre-emptive strike by god, not Mutual Assured Destruction of civilian populations.

so it is a non- issue, one way or the other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit