Did you ever listen to a meeting by the phone?

by Magwitch 1 Replies latest social humour

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

At my last congregation I had a really good friend named Ruby. She was quite a bit older than me, but she was as cool as they come.She is one of the only things I really miss. One night I was having a party at my house and she was there of course. She had brought along an ancient sister and when she went to leave she pulled up in front of my house to help sister ancient get in. She forgot to put the van in park and when she tried to get back in the van she fell and the van ran over her legs. The men in the house are running down the street to try and stop the van and there is Ruby laying in the middle of the street. Fortunately the damage was not severe. However, Ruby decided that she could not attend the KH anymore and had to do the phone hook up. Although she spent most of her time at the mall, going to the hall was too much. So I told my husband that Ruby could come to our house on meeting nights and we could do the phone hook up together. Since my ex was unaware that he had a wife and two young daughters, he didn't really care. Every Tuesday night they would call and tie us in. Now Ruby was a champion Scrabble player - we played almost every single day. We would usually last through the opening song and prayer and then Ruby could not take the distraction and still play Scrabble. She would always put a couple of pillows on the phone so we did not have that noise. My daughters loved Tuesday night. We always had such a good time with that muted phone in the background, playing games and drinking wine.

• ed60
    ed60

I went to a lot of meetings with my mind elsewhere but never my body!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit