Need help!!!! My wife has a part on whether Christ was raised a spirit body...

by DS211 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

What is the problem? Jesus did not go to heaven in his physical body.

Just like in the movie Gravity, humans can not live outside the atmosphere of the earth without spacesuits. Jesus did not have a space suit on.

Thus when Jesus was ascending up, he disappeared from that "rented" body as he was a spirit being as he was before he became a human.

Why do people have such difficulty with this subject?

And Perry, you are giving Baptist theology. By definition and nature, Baptist theology is wrong. They take the Bible too literally without putting any thought into it. Thinking is not part of their theology.

• DS211
    DS211

So if he left his body halfway up then wheres the vessel that contained such a spirit? Certainly if it fell to the earth someone wouldve picked up the puddle of mess....unless....it vaporized or vanished? Burned up in earths atmosphere?

• Aurelius
    Aurelius

I often wondered why the WTS is so insistent that Jesus was raised as a spirit, could not work out why it was such a major doctrinal teaching!!! Does it really matter in the scheme of things?

I finally worked it out, well it's to justify Jesus returning invisibly in 1914. If he was raised / ascended with a physical body then it is much easier to argue that his return would also have to be physical thus visible. It is much easier to support an invisible return doctrine when Jesus was raised as and still is in the spirit.

John 2:19

19. Jesus replied to them: “Tear down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

20. The Jews then said: “This temple was built in 46 years, and will you raise it up in three days?”

21. But he was talking about the temple of his body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit