This night a dream made me cry

by Gorbatchov 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

This night was a painful one. I had a very emotional dream and woke up realise that I was crying emotional.

In my dream my past 43 years did go by with all my close family and ended abruptly after I had to tell my paralyzed brother that we were the only two left and that our parents died.

Because he can't talk, he only could express himself with his facial expression in his small room of an Institute.

It seems something is going on with me, it feels painful and I think it has to do something with our believe background.

Wish me luck to deal l with it.

Gorby

• happy@last
    happy@last

Nightmares can leave you a bit unsettled however nightmares in your sleep are better than nightmares when you are awake. Do something today to make you fell happy.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

They can be very unsettling and can mess with your head for awhile. Try to get out and do something to distract you to get your mind off of it. You will soon forget what it was about. Just remember it is only a dream.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

That's an anxiety dream. Ignore it.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Go to sleep my little man
    Don't you weep my little man

And when you're dreaming you can talk to angels,
    So wipe the tears from your eyes
    And if there's demons that try to steal your breath away.
    You can't believe them, know my spirit will be standing by your side...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhVmNuUNvQA

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

(((Hugs))) to you Gorbatchov. I am so sorry you are having nightmares. How distressing to feel only you and your Brother, who cannot talk, are left.

Any time spent as a JW can give you nightmares. Especially if you were in as a child.

I am giving you a long distance hug and reassurance it was only a bad dream. Can you feel the nice glass of water I am offering you and a cool washcloth over your face and forehead?

It was just a bad dream. Think of some pleasant things, like soon spring flowers will be popping out. Do you ever play games like whoever spots the first snowdrop flowers or the first yellow daffodil in the spring, gets something special for having such "bright" eyes?

Have a glass of cool water and feel the nice clean damp washcloth on your forehead. Do you feel it? Do you feel a little better now?

Do you feel that people on JWN like you, care about you, and even love you, even though you have never met them and they may live many miles away?

We care Gorby. Now, try and go back to sleep. Tomorrow is a new day. A brand new day to explore and to enjoy.

Have a good rest Gorby.

Good night for now.

LoisLane

• Podobear
    Podobear

The day before yesterday I woke up to a News report of a young, 9 year old girl, sent by her brother and family to an army checkpoint in Afghanistan. She was wearing a Suicide vest, and had been told she would kill the Soldiers but her life would be spared. It riled me up... that poor girl... she sought help and there was a debate whether to send her back to her family. She would surely be used as an instrument of destruction again... and used as an abused skivvy for life. It filled me with anger and a sense of hopelessness.

I am male and 58.... but that night I woke up screaming in a nightmare... my partner found it difficult to shake me out of it.

In that dream, I was a little (white) girl, determined to face up to my oppressor... a male dressed in desert garb and with facial covering. He removed the material to reveal his cruel and hateful face... and I screamed for help.

As a boy... the "fear of Jehovah" and in a divided household ruled me. Whatever I did, was not good enough... and I was held in by fear until my mid twenties.

The links are still raw in my brain... and at night... the connections make all sorts of strange hook ups... when heartfelt stories provoke it.

Fill your mind with delightful things during the day, avoid stimulants and renin (cheese especially) after 8pm... and your links should produce a calmer night's sleep.

All the best.

Podo

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Thanks all for your warm and loving encouragement. I'm still hurt but feel better becsuse of your warm love.

Gorby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit