The JW cart/booth nonsense

by Gypsy Sam 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Gypsy Sam
  • losingit
    losingit

"From a human standpoint, we will never say that we have the right religion or that someone else has it, but we will go to the Bible, share what the Bible has to say and we'll leave it up to the individual to determine who has the truth."

Brian Alexander lied about WTBTS/JW position on who they believe has "the truth."

"We will never say..."? Someone, prove him wrong using WT literature against him.

Why report on such a scenewithout doing more of an investigation into thesereligions/ cults for thearticle? He painted a picture, but provided no analysis. Not a useful article for the public at all.

And they get lumped with a bunch of weirdos!

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

Let the crazies have their little marketing cart! that's awesome!!

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

I played the witness interview to my good lady wife , her response ? " Nicely put." I agreed and said yes it was , but it's not the OFFICIAL teaching is it, that we don't say we have the right religion? the answer? Silence. She just doesn't see it. And it wasn't the right time to push it.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention OP.

• Laika
    Laika

Even during my most devout periods it used to drive me mad how often JWs would outright lie to people on the doors, and I find it gets more common the further up someone seems to get. Working with POs and COs was an embarrassment.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Interestingly a week or so before the xmas hols i was speaking to a witness at one of these cart stances , surprisingly during our conversation he said ' i don't believe we [the witnesses]have 100% the truth that kind of stopped me in my tracks, so i said well i think you have a good attitude there, its always good to be able to question what is deemed to be the truth, yes of course he replied. So hopefully he will learn TTATT . I may go back and have another discussion if they appear in the same spot again.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear galaxie,

if I got the chance to talk to a JW like you found, with some sparking brain cells, I would sign off by saying something like, "an interesting resource that brings Scriptures together to make us think is JWFacts.com" .

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Laika: Even during my most devout periods it used to drive me mad how often JWs would outright lie to people on the doors

--

It's not lying, it's "Theocratic War Strategy".

If the JW thinks the person they're talking to does not deserve an honest answer, then WT says it's okay to lie, mishandle the truth, strategize theocratically in a war-like manner....don't worry, god/WT will look the other way and give you a mulligan...

• galaxie
    galaxie

Thanks phizzy worth a try.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Although I haven't done the cart witnessing yet, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE it if a learned apostate approached with some good logical reasonings while my missus was there.. Issues could be raised in that circumstance that wouldn't normally be tolerated...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit