This truly pisses me off

by Terry 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Goldiver
    Goldiver

So the Jw's say it is ok to perform civilian service in lieu of military service. Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't civilian service also be a form of promoting military and governmental agendas? Hmmm...

I was not aware of this change as I was on the way out when it took place. I think of all the men that served time in prison prior to the time this option became available to them I have to think there are alot of ticked off folks out there. Then there are the ones that died for the cause for no good reason.

Just one more thing that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

• whatif
    whatif

Hi Terry, Looking forward to reading your book. In the meanwhile I was just curious to know if the alternate service you were counseled that you could not accept and remain in Jehovah's favor, was it civilian in nature or under military control?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't see what is wrong with alternative military service. What if the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger were to reason that, because parts of your taxes pay for defense, you should quit paying taxes? And when did the leaders of this filthy organization actually get jail time? I don't believe Boozerford actually went to jail--a 20 year sentence would have been too lenient. Shouldn't the leaders get the jail time instead of the publishers that simply went along with their leaders under disfellowshipping and Gehenna threats?

I only hope the book gets into the general public. This is racially and religiously neutral, since any religion that preaches that going to fight for your country (often defensively, because survival is at stake) or defending oneself will get you joke-hova's disfavor and that will ruin your life if you fight is objectionable. Even Satanists don't go to jail if they are asked to defend their country--and yes, even though a good portion of my taxes go to support my (and your) enslavement via the Rothschilds, I am not going to jail for refusing to pay. Besides, part of my taxes do pay for the roads I depend on for delivery of products and for getting from here to there.

• kaik
    kaik

In Czechoslovakia, JW had to face prison or labor camps for refusing to join military service. Later period under communism, the other option was going to coal mines, which was my choice as well. At that time hundreds of young men avoided draft and potential prison by going to Ostrava's coal mines. After the collapse of the communism in the 1989, JW got option to avoid military service by doing alternative civic service, mostly in hospitals, hospice center, and EMP. Borg had approved it and it seemed to be no issue. Couple years later after the collapse of Czechoslovakia, came a new light that invalidated previous approval. Organization had DFs retroactively men that were already in alternative civic service and ruined life of thousands more who had to choose between prison and faith. By 1996, WT in Czech Republic had expelled over 1000 JW men, which were crucial for further growth in that country, that peaked around 12000. A new light changed the opinion again, and JW in Czech Republic were not facing DF if they go to alternative civic service. However, the damage was done and WT had never recovered from the peak it had in early 1990's where on memorial we could invite up to 40,000 people and fill stadium at Strahov to 115,000. Flip-flopping doctrine like this had ruined many lives including mine.

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

It's better to be pissed off than pissed on!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I get it Terry. Alternative service wasn't an option for my father, who did jail time, or my contemporaries. I only got off easy by not being a permanent resident of any particular country at call up times.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

My family are on the fade from the JW's. They found Terry's account of being in prison very moving & thought provoking.

If it's any solace Terry your experiences are now having a part in helping others learn TTAT.

Mike

• Terry
    Terry

Just when you think you're "over" the anger part of being a Jehovah's Witness you read something like this and the BRAZEN way they are

advertising what amounts to a colossal flip-flop as though it were good news!

How clever and insidious of them to get out ahead of their rotten policy by embracing the change!

Well, in my book I stick it to them very carefully like an anaconda slowly tightening around their duplicitous throats!

• TerryWalstrom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit