Status quo? Or tell ttatt?

by ILoveTTATT 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Maybe just be incredibly glad that your dad knows TTATT? She's his problem, not yours. He will likely run defense for you if she ever decides to try and shun you.

As far as moving goes, dude... Definitely. Maybe even make a short temporary move, have your cards sent there, then take off to where you really want to be? You don't want the elders in your new home to even know who you are.

Shoot me a PM with where you plan to go, if it's near where I am perhaps I can be of assistance.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Most ex jw's want to tell their family members.TTATT because of selfish reasons,why? IMO its because their life, being, self, was not their own choosing. their parents brought them into this world [hopefully] to have a good and fulfilled life I.E. this life whereas, when your family choose to live the jw life they jeopardize their childrens happiness because they [the parent or parents] are always living in hope and as the old saying goes; people who live in hope never live in the present.I would always by way of normal conversation point out TTATT but stick to one subject at a time. Good luck. Oh bye the way selfishness on our parts is not always a bad thing, its sometimes essential for our wellbeing.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Yeah... Well... I am gonna wait until things get clearer. I am actually hoping for the scenario where I can move and I don't have to confront the elders. That way I can carry on with my life and my parents theirs. That would be great! I just want to reserve the "nukes" for when it is necessary, i.e. If I ever get into trouble with the elders or whatever.

I guess yesterday I was under a lot of stress...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit