Surviving 2014

by Defianttruth 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

Sometimes I get stuck in the "ruts of my past". I worry about the family I have lost And the pain I live with Because of this cult. This is my plan for 2014. I'm going to do things out of my comfort level. I challenge everyone else to try this experiment.

Ideas

1 Kiss the girl you have been after, look her in the eyes and say I've been dying to do that and walk away.

2 Wear your favorite low cut blouse and when you catch that guy sneaking a look smile and wink at him.

3 Do something that gets you covered in mud.

4 Go a week without using a phone or computer.

5 Ask a book nerd what he or she is currently reading and get yourself a copy.

6 Go to a restaurant where no one there speaks your language.

7 Find someone who is your complete social, economic, and race opposite and initiate a friendship.

8 Draw a picture everyday

9 learn a new skill. Sewing, cooking, painting, gardening, fishing, hunting, whatever it is people have to say,"I never imagined you doing that."

10 Befriend an elderly person and listen to what they say.

11 Sing loudly and try to get other people to sing along with you.

12 Smile at everyone you see.

13 Learn a new joke.

14 Pick up someone's check anonymously in a restaurant and buy their dinner.

15 Ride a bicycle in the sunshine.

16 make a blanket tent with your children and pretend you are pirates.

17 make your friends and family smile often.

• LostGeneration
  • Justmenthedogs
    Justmenthedogs

Sounds good to me:)

2014 has my puppy starting to compete in agility. She is 15 months old and a little red rocket on the agility course. She is entered in her first trial in April.

I also plan on raising the bar for myself in regards to my seasoned older dog that is already competing and is "handler" challenged, lol.

I also plan on changing jobs and possibly leaving the state and buying a house in the Northwest.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what about exploring a wholly new religion? You do not have to join or commit, just do research on it on an objective basis. If you are a diehard Christian, try exploring pagan religions (such as Spiritual Satanism). If you are Muslim, explore what the Catholic church doctrine has to say--in particular, the Law of St Benedict. Or, explore Islam. Again, the idea is not so much to join but to learn what those cultures have to offer.

• smiddy
    smiddy

1.Think about that when you spend the night in jail

2.Not such a good Idea after you have been raped

3.Then take your last breath

4.Easy done with the phone not the computer

5.And never ever get to finish it

6.And order gonads

7.And get ripped off

8.I cant draw

9.People just arent interested in what I do

10.I am an elderly person , what are you trying to say

11.I`ll end up in the nut house

12.see above

13.Their is nothing new under the sun

14.Then the husband sues his wife for divorce

15.And end up with a sore ass

16.Then my 52 year old son and 46 year old will definetly put me away

17.I`m not a control freak.

smiddy

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

No worries, mate. There's nothing to fear.

The world survived Jesus' own failed prophecy recorded by Luke (21: 32). Even with a claimed assurance in vs 33.

"Heaven and earth will pass away , but my words will be no means pass away."

Here we are, some 6000 odd generations later and nothing much has changed. Jesus is just another failed prophet.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Corny as it may sound, it's up to us as individuals to create our own lives and futures. That is/will be difficult for many who now have ttatt because we were trained to be lazy minded and to be led by others. Life is not bad outside of the WTBTS, just different. If you only had vanilla ice cream all your life, does that mean that chocolate is bad? Try some chocolate or even strawberry. It's good.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

16 make a blanket tent with your children and pretend you are pirates.

or

Build a replica British Man o' War and pretend you are Sioux.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

..confused do I need to be a lesbian or a cross dresser to accomplish both 1 and 2?;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit