why is the org acting worried?

by Crazyguy 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The latest statistics from the year book seems to indicated that no great increase of leavers, so why is the org seem to be acting like thier worried? More talks about apostates, more asking for money, more talks about loyalty, etc. What's up?

• wasblind
    wasblind

I think thier worried about the affect sites like this will have on potential converts

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I highly doubt they are revealing the REAL statistics......obviously they are worried and thus are tightening up on asking for money, warning about apostates, etc. I think more of the average JWs are getting sick of it all....if not leaving they are at least losing interest.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

the poor are going in and the educated are leaving

• UN informed
    UN informed

It's like trying to sell tickets to re-runs.

Brant

• blondie
    blondie

Some jws stay but vote with their pocketbook....donations must be down. It used to be fewer members, less money; now it is unhappy members who are not donating...yay for somewhat confidential donations.

• trujw
    trujw

Cults by their very nature have to create phobias and a us vs them mentality to maintain control. Free and open discussion would create a mass exodus from this religion. Fear must always be used. Think about who would waste hundreds of hours a year giving away books they paid for if they found out it wasn't needed For god to love you.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

It's 2014, 100 years since 1914. They're just trying to keep people in place, keep them from leaving. They're worried that many will leave after this year since Armaggedon and the great tribulation hasn't arrived "in a short period of time". They're afraid that members will lose faith and come across apostate website and media since it's easy to access thanks to the internet. And as some already said, members must be donating less money now.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..................................................The WBT$ has Always had a Siege Mentality..

JW`s are Trained to Expect the Worst at any Moment............................ExJW Apostates are EveryWhere!..

.........http://www.csuchico.edu/pub/inside/archive/03_04_03/photos/BunkerMentality1_ICS13v33_b.gif.............. photo Creeping.gif

...........................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• steve2
    steve2

It must be of interest to the GB than memorial attendance for two consecutive years - 2012 and 2013 - was lower than for 2011.

When the figures came out for 2012, some posters on this forum had suggested the decreased memorial attendance that year was probably due to the day of the week the memorial had been held on. I found this reasoning strange because in previous years, the memorial attendance figures continued to increase year by year, regardless of the day of the week it was held.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit