Yet another problem with GB = FDS

by leaving_quietly 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Legacy
    Legacy

@ Leaving Quietly,

I saw that as soon as I read the July 2013 article...what I thought is...who is feeding us if they haven't been selected as of yet. My ex conductor got quiet & said...she would have to ask a Bethelite...that meant, they thought the same thing...I can't explain it as you have but what I got out of it was..

WHO IS FEEDING THE FLOCK, IF THEY HAVEN'T BEEN CHOSEN YET....

I guess I can't read..

Legacy

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

if you smell shit check your toplip.

• pixel
    pixel

They say the GB was chosen on 1919... but the GB appeared as we know it today around 1970. Before that, no GB, just one-man-show.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

So what you are saying is "dose jehovah do audit checks on them." Hehe but an interesting thought.

• kaik
    kaik

If you look into the WT publication (The Harp of God) from that era it says:

Jesus furthermore mid: "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations: and then shall the end come." (Matthew 24:14) In the year 1919 many of the Bible Students in different parts of the earth, emerging from army camps and prison dungeons, rejoicing in their privileges, again assembled together and with united action went forth to proclaim the messages of the presence of the Lord; and particularly the message, "The World Has Ended-Millions Now Living Will Never Die," clearly in fulfillment of the words of the Master in the text last above quoted.

Additionally

Furthermore Jesus said concerning the end of the world within the time of his second presence: "Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake." (Matthew 24:9) "But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils [courts] ; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten; and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them." (Mark 13: 9) "But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering yon up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. And it shall turn to you for a testimony." (Luke 21:12,13) Literally did these scriptures have fulfillment in the years 1917, 1918, and 1919. The World War furnished the excuses for the world-wide persecution of humble and honest and faithful Christians.

So, the early publication identifies the Bible Students as Christians choosen by Jesus. There is no mention any GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit