New World Translation 2013 on EBay

by startingover 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener

From Ebay

These were not purchased from Jehovah's Witnesses or the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. These were part of a bulk acquisition of salvaged goods. As salvaged goods, if we had not acquired these, it is possible they would currently be in a dumpster or landfill. They were not stolen or obtained in any illicit manner, and we have all proper documentation showing a legal transaction. We are selling this in order to recoup our costs. It may be possible to receive a free copy of this edition by contacting your local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses or by going to their website. Additionally, you can read a free PDF copy of this version online.This book is available here, for purchase, to anyone not wanting to pursue the options above.

We are not operated by, sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with Jehovah’s Witnesses or Watchtower Bible And Tract Society.
    Please contact us with any questions.
    Thank you,
    EJC Ventures, LLC

It is very strange as to why they have written a statement saying the book can be obtained free and how to go about it. Who knows what goes on in the land of WTBTS.

• Weana
    Weana

I'm just speculating:

What if there was an accident with a freight forwarder's truck, and a pallet of boxes with bibles was damaged?

Maybe, in such a case, WTS as sender of the goods receives some compensation from the freight forwarder or from accident perpetrator or his insurance company; and the goods on a damaged pallet (some boxes in the middle of the pallet may not be damaged at all) may be for disposal?

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

don't they handle the delivery themselves?

anyway, loads of publications are available for a price on ebay. i did once buy a few of the old russel and rutherford books. the text is available for free online and reprints of some are available as well, but i wanted the real thing. as to why someone would pay for it, afaik they are not widely available yet?

concpiracy theory: ejc ventures is a daughter of watchtower inc set up to evaluate new venues of distributing their goods.

• trillaz
    trillaz

An enterprising philanthropist would buy these at %1000 of the cost, increasing demand for the new bibles. The R&F shoudld hear about it, and keep ordering more Bibles through Lit counter so they can sell "free" bibles on ebay for $180 a piece. Once the buyer has about 7million of so, he should reveal himself to all the sellers as Satan himself, and tell all that they made a deal with him and they should look forward to their 2nd Death.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Gayle- I remember reading that Wallkill had printed 1.3 million copies and Ebina produced 500,000-600,000 for the AGM. Since then more have been printed for US congregations.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The insurance write-off sounds credible. Or it could be something like "Storage Wars"?

• factfinder
    factfinder

It sounds too suspicious to me. New bibles were being allocated to the congregations, although by now they can probably request more.

Years ago someone on ebay was selling DC lapel cards, etc. Someone stole those from the literature room.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit