Mark Sanderson Background and Warwick

by TakeOffTheCrown 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Mark Sanderson - Here is some insight on his background taken from this site:

http://e-watchman.com/congratulations-mark/

Congratulations, Mark!

Mark Sanderson, Governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses

I first met Mark Sanderson in 1985. That is when my wife and I moved to San Diego and began attending the Central Congregation on Adams Street; incidentally, just about a mile from JF Rutherford’s winter mansion called Beth Sarim.

Mark was just out of school and immediately went off as a special pioneer to Newfoundland. If I recall he started full time preaching while he was in high school. But as it turned out he was back in Southern California for a visit, which is when we met him. He was special.

His parents were the finest folks. His father, Doug, was a very kindly elder. His mother, Grace, was Canadian. She had been a pioneer in Quebec back in the 1950’s, when Jehovah’s Witnesses were viciously persecuted by Maurice Duplessis. Grace told us that she would take her toothbrush with her when she went out in service because she never knew when she was going to be arrested and have to spend the night in jail.

Because Mark was visiting he didn’t have a car. He wanted to visit an old anointed brother up in Hemet, Melvin Sargent if I recall, up in the mountains south of Los Angeles, so he asked us if we would like to drive him up there. So we did. We and another brother, Tony, drove up and attended a Sunday meeting and then we were entertained at the brother’s house afterwards. As I recall this brother, like Mark, was a collector of Watchtower memorabilia.

Some years later we heard the buzz in the congregation grapevine that Mark had started “partaking.” Then he was invited to Bethel. I remember about 10 years ago my wife remarked that he would probably become a member of the Governing Body. She was right.

Congratulations, Mark!

Although I am happy for you I can’t help but think that your appointment at this late hour is analogous to being assigned to the wheel room of the Titanic about the time the iceberg came into view. We wish you the best!

(I looked through a bunch of old photo albums, thinking that we had taken some photos of the Hemet trip, but couldn’t find them.) End of article.

Guy Pierce regarding the Building of Warwick:

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/governing-body-takes-center-stage-in-new-warwick-headquarters-video

I have already mentioned repeatedly that, when the Warwick project was announced at the 2011 Annual Meeting, Guy Pierce expressed some uncertainty as to whether it was Jehovah’s will or not. “Although we are not yet certain of Jehovah’s will regarding Warwick, we are proceeding to develop the site with the intention of relocating the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses there,” Pierce said at the time. (w12 8/15 p.17)

Here is what Mark Sanderson had so say:

“The Governing Body is convinced that Jehovah is directing that the World Headquarters be moved to Warwick. We’re absolutely convinced of that.”

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Guess Jehovah removed all doubt about Warwick when he called Guy Pierce to heaven.

Doc

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Sanderson is most definitely a Johnny Come LATEly. He's the newbie who is about to be tied to the same boat as the rest- the Titanic. Sorry about that buddy.

They should have heeded Pierce's doubts.

Frank

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

I guess these gb members are dyed-in-the-wool organization groupies. Can you imagine the lack of perspective of someone that lived their entire life saying "how high" every time the organization said "jump". And they call apostate's mentally diseased?

Frankly he doesn't look intelligent. I think we all can agree on that. He looks dopey.

-TE

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Where else can such men go? They have nothing to support them if they leave "mother".

• done4good
    done4good

Apart for purely academic purposes, does anyone actually collect WT memorabilia? As an ex-member, I could almost understand it, from an academic perspective. As once a believer, I would have been weirded out by it. These guys must really, really drink some heavy kool-aid before they qualify...even worse than I thought.

d4g

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

"Frankly he doesn't look intelligent. I think we all can agree on that. He looks dopey."

What does intelligent look like? I think the MENSA Denver convention is on youtube. Tell me if we looked intelligent.

This post caught my attention through its mention of Melvin Sargent. He was one of the finest men I knew, open, kindly and sharing. The last time I saw him was in the mid- 1980s. Men of his sort are rare within the Witness fellowship.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

What does intelligent look like?

Not like that.

-TE

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

My grandniece says that Br. Sanderson reminds her of Tweedledee and Tweedledum in the 2010 Alice in Wonderland movie.

Unkind but true.

• Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit