The Nephilim - What can I say!

by Matty 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Matty
    Matty

I’m sure nothing surprises the people who regularly post here. But what really shocks me now is that as a child I genuinely believed some of the most preposterous, stupid and moronic things ever committed to papyrus.

Take the Nephilim. Who were they? Well – they were mutants. Yes mutants – mentioned in Genesis 6. Nephilim translated means “feller”, someone who knocks someone else down. They were reallly big crazy fellers weren't they?

How did they arrive? Well. “the sons of the true God began to notice the daughters of men, that they were good-looking; and they went taking wives for themselves, namely, all whom they chose” (Gen 6:2). Just a moment, “sons”, what do you mean – do spirit creatures have gender? I thought God invented gender on Earth so that the Earth could be filled – surely spirit creatures don’t reproduce? And why is Jesus always referred to as God’s only son? Why were these angels sexually attracted to humans? How did they perceive that these women were “good looking”? This all seems very human to me! Surely they were perfect beings? Surely the feelings that they had within themselves were given to them by God? If this is so, God is rather unkind giving spirit beings human-style sexuality!

If these spirit creatures were perfect, they would be able to metamorphosise themselves into perfect men with perfect genes. Their offspring would not be crazy mutants. I would have thought that if they had this brilliant skill to turn themselves into humans they would have made sure that they didn’t produce defective sperm.

Well, God was mad about it naturally and he decided to kill them all in the flood. He killed everyone except Noah and his family and two of every animal on earth in a massive shoebox covered in tar.

Now we can all be very grateful to God that these Nephilim don’t exist anymore, all we have are their skeletons in museums. We do have them in Museums don’t we?

Oh, dear…

• sleepy
    sleepy

What you believed that!
    Ha Ha Ha what an idiot.
    How can you be so stupid.

Wait there a sec, so did I.
    Bong.What was I thinking?
    Not a lot apparently.
    What can I say?

• SYN
    SYN

Ah, those early Bible books. The distinction between folklore and myth becomes quite a thin one, eh?

"Until they become conscious, they will never rebel. Until they rebel, they will never become conscious." - George Orwell

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Hmmmmmm when you think about the Nephilim all I can think about is the X-men. I loved that movie!!!!!
    Leslie

• Matty
    Matty

Why haven't they done this story as a Drama at the Convention? Can you imagine all those brothers stomping around in stilts with their bedroom curtains draped around them, causing mayhem in the middle of a football pitch!?

Then there would be the modern-day parallel, with mom and dad counseling their rebellious son about associating with the worldly girls at school. “Remember what happened to those bad angels, Randy?”. “Yes Dad” “Well, you don’t want the same thing to happen to you?” “No Dad” “Now, have your breakfast and get ready for the field service!”

• gumby
    gumby

Matty: ..Many Christian Apologist do not believe these giants were Angels that did the bad nasty with people.

I believe this is called...'theophany' in which an angel APPEARS, as did the one who restled with Jacob. The believe is that this did NOT happen with Angels marrying women.

However...this is not the belief of all, as many believe as do the dubs.

SYN: Do you have any info. or links to information that compares Mythology/folklore,... comparison to Christianity?

• Mulan
    Mulan

We were talking about this the other day. Weren't there any female angels? Why didn't they look down at the men and lust after them? Okay, I already know the answer to that one.

And, were they only attracted to women in the Middle East? We know now the flood was a local one, and there WERE people living all over the globe at that time, and if the flood came to destroy the Nephilim............etc. ....tis a mystery.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Matty
    Matty

Marilyn, those Angels were a bit dim - if they turned themselves into the fairer sex then they could have experienced some of those fine MO's you ladies have! It just goes to prove that the bible is written from a very human and a very male perspective.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The pagans (greeks? help me out somebody)had similar stories. Their term was titans, a race of half human, half god. At least pagans knew that it was myth. Pagans are more advanced than fundies.

SS

• sleepy
    sleepy

The egyptians had the same stories about Gods breading with humans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit