How Soon Will We See 9-Year-Olds in Committee Meetings?

by TTATTelder 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Are you asking how long it will be until teenage dubs are running committee meetings?!? LOL!!!

There are not enough qualified brothers, so it's only a matter of time before children are running the meetings.

DD

• yodastar
    yodastar

I thought you meant running the committee meetings as well but I do take your point and it is sobering. Depends what sort of a holes are running a particular congregation but it is scary.

My stomach turned watching that propaganda in the video. Disgusting stuff alright. Very Hitlerish

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

In the congregation that I one time used to go to a baptized 12 year girl was molested by one of their ministerial servants, guess what?,, she was disfellowshipped for being molested and only 12 years old at that. This was in the Sunnyvale CA USA congregation 2001.

BTW they have an elder in that congregation that has a bad habit of touching young girls breast at gatherings of the Witnesses this was related to me by an elder that was a friend at the time about 15 years ago, he(the molester,) is still an elder as far as I know.

I can't imagine the psychological harm this must cause to little children and yet the GB want more children to get baptized so they can be disfellowshipped if needs be.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Brokeback,

That's what bothers me the most. I thought about mentioning it in the OP. What happens when a baptized 8 year old gets molested? Now you have an arshole adult brother in the back room denying the charge and accusing the baptized child of slander.

It's ugly.

So obvious that the "baptized" realm of this cult is not a place for children. So yet again.... the WT leadership sets a course - not in the interest of protecting children - but sacrificing them for their selfish corporate agenda.

-TE

• steve2
    steve2

There is a cruel logic to this issue that only the GB could frame as "loving": If you are spiritually 'old enough' to get baptized, you are also 'old enough' to appear before a judicial hearing for wrongdoing. Of course, your status as a minor may legally require a parent ( or both) to accompany you.

Given that an increasing proportion of baptismal candidates are likely to be born-in children, the issue of reproving and/or disfellowshipping minors over wrong doing will definitely arise - if it hasn't already.

• cappytan
    cappytan

My wife and I were both baptized in our preteens. I was 11.

Before we woke up, we had already noticed the trend of encouraging child baptism and we didn't like it. We both agreed that our kids would NOT be getting baptized before they were 18. We wanted it to be their decision, not something they were doing to go along with the crowd and then get in trouble later in life.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    That's what bothers me the most. I thought about mentioning it in the OP. What happens when a baptized 8 year old gets molested? Now you have an arshole adult brother in the back room denying the charge and accusing the baptized child of slander.

Not only that, but the baptized child will be considered a 'penitent' and could be bound by the same rules of confidentiality as the 'clergy'. In some states, the penitent is not compelled to reveal what is said in a 'priest-penitent' communication.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priest%E2%80%93penitent_privilege

The statutes vary from state to state, however,...

In twenty-five states, the clergyman-communicant statutory privilege does not clearly indicate who holds the privilege. In seventeen states, the penitent's right to hold the privilege is clearly stated. In only six states, both a penitent and a member of the clergy are expressly allowed by the statute to hold the privilege.

The baptizing of children is going to muddy the waters in child abuse cases when it comes to the revealing of 'confidential' information'.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The solution is simple. According to their own LIE-ble, their own model (fictitious or not, they still use that thing as their model) who was supposed to be perfect waited until he was 30 to get baptized. Why are children in their single digit years getting baptized?

To put this in perspective, how old does one have to be to consent to a sex act legally? And remember, this is a one-time act that does not have to have lasting consequences, not a lifetime commitment (and yes, condoms do work to prevent pregnancies). And in most countries, you need to be at least 18 to buy tobacco, or 21 for alcohol (or weed, in places where it is legally available). Most countries require drivers to be at least 16. You cannot legally vote until you are at least 18 in most countries. You cannot work for most companies unless you are at least 14, and it is 16 for most jobs deemed even the least little bit "hazardous" (and I mean things like a minor slip and fall) or 18 for working all night or working with things that they deem "hazardous". These all involve less commitment--though drugs are hard to quit, people can and do quit drugs, alcohol, and smoking with less hassle than with the washtowel.

Yet, they are showcasing children getting baptized at ages where they couldn't even walk into a coin shop alone and buy a silver quarter. They are not allowed to commit to four toilet papers' sacrifice, yet they are being asked to sacrifice their souls and spirituality for something that goes totally against nature? And often with their parents' hounding? Most parents in the jokehovians will hound their children to get baptized far more than to buy a lousy little silver quarter that could save their lives should the currency become toilet paper (Zimbabwe style). And that silver quarter is not going to monitor their sexuality or stop them from enjoying their birthdays or Christmas.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    As I'd said in a similar thread, wasn't there a story posted here recently about a baptized 10-year-old who was DFed for "apostasy" because he'd come to the conclusion that evolution was true?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit