The Generation of 2014

by free2beme 7 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

"Surely I tell you today, the generation at saw the events of 2014 will surely not pass away before the end comes."

Damn it! Someone hit the reset button, I feel we have all been here befor a hundred years ago. Maybe we need "New Math."

• prologos
    prologos

It is like the generation that is about to go into a black hole, they are

frozen in time, it will never happen.

time= zero in max gravity.

new math, new physics

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

OMG, i think I'm going to accidentally start using that phrase with my JW relatives. . . . "Generation of 2014. .. oops, I meant the generation of 1914". LOL. Doesn't 1914 seem like a long time ago?

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Is this a quote from a current article, or are you pulling my leg?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Harry Patch, the last British man to have fought in WW1 died in 2009. He was 111 years old. I find this a poignant counterpoint to the multi-generation fiasco we are expected to swallow.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“prologos”: “It is like the generation that is about to go into a black hole, they are

frozen in time, it will never happen.

time= zero in max gravity.

new math, new physics”

I think that perhaps the Governing Body should appoint veteran physicist Stephen Hawking as their new president. If he can make the Watchtower’s whacky apocalyptic eschatology as acceptable as the bizarre world of quantum mechanics (with its string theory, wave/particle duality of light, quantum entanglement, particle superposition, quantum tunneling, warping space-time, Higgs boson, etc.), then maybe that will get them through this new millennium.

(Either that, or maybe meld with the Mormonism and Christian Scientology and morph into something even more idiotic.)

• kaik
    kaik

Last person who lived in the 19th century died last summer. Either way, there are only 250,000-300,000 people around the world that were born on or before 1914.

WT will not change 1914 until all people born before 1920 will die, which will happen around 2034. You can still play 1914+120 for next 20 years !!!

• processor
    processor

If they accept 587 instead of 607 and use 365 instead of 360 days for "a time", they would come to 1969 and could use the moon landing instead of WW1 as the event that distracted people from noticing the birth of God's Kingdom. There is even a movie "The Generation of 1969." ... See here:

1969 - The Generation that will not pass away

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit